SkyscraperCity banner

1461 - 1480 of 2963 Posts

·
Macedonia
46,423 Posts
The prime minister of Macedonia yesterday announced the construction of few express roads in Macedonia: Gradsko-Prilep, Shtip-Kochani, Ohrid-Peshtani, Shtip-Radovish and Rankovce-border with Bulgaria.

I've marked them on this map (lousy work, I know, but I don't have Photoshop and I had to use the online tool Pixlr). Anyway, here it is:

source of the news (in Macedonian language)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I wondering is the Skopje ring road being used to full capacity, did the investment 'pay off'?

Also, when is the planned motorway section around Gevgelija planned to be built/completed?

·
Macedonia
46,423 Posts
I wondering is the Skopje ring road being used to full capacity, did the investment 'pay off'?
Not the full capacity, unfortunately. Many vehicles still drive through Skopje instead using the rind road. I don't know why. But I hope that in near future those habits will change.

Also, when is the planned motorway section around Gevgelija planned to be built/completed?
If everything goes according the plan, in the summer of 2016.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Thanks Skopje/Скопје.

What is the toll for the ring road? How much traffic is there from Skopje to Tetovo and beyond, and from Skopje further eastward? Is this motorway to extend to Albania some day?

·
Macedonia
46,423 Posts
^^ There is no toll for the ring road.

The statistics are the following:

Kumanovo-Miladinovci 8146 vehicles per day

Miladinovci-Petrovec 6418

Petrovec-Veles 9213

Veles-Gradsko 5592

Gradsko-Negotino 3942

Demir Kapija-Udovo 4463

Smokvica-Gevgelija 4134

Gevgelija-greek border 7377

Skopje-Glumovo 9662

Glumovo-Tetovo 10632

Tetovo-Gostivar 12646

Gostivar-Kicevo 4634

Kicevo-Botun 4480

Botun-Podmolje 4539

Podmolje-Ohrid 9624

source

The highway Kicevo-Ohrid is under construction, and its planned to connect with Albania via Struga.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Thank you for your detailed answer.

1461 - 1480 of 2963 Posts