SkyscraperCity banner

1481 - 1500 of 2963 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Skopje/Скопје;123715935 said:
The prime minister of Macedonia yesterday announced the construction of few express roads in Macedonia: Gradsko-Prilep, Shtip-Kochani, Ohrid-Peshtani, Shtip-Radovish and Rankovce-border with Bulgaria.

I've marked them on this map (lousy work, I know, but I don't have Photoshop and I had to use the online tool Pixlr). Anyway, here it is:

source of the news (in Macedonian language)

Yes today is only Veles.

This is the right map of the planed expressways.

Still the same 1x1 with hard shoulders?

·
Macedonia
46,418 Posts
The road section Rankovce-Kratovo. I made few photos yesterday from the back seat of the car, most of them are clumsy, but at least you can see how this road looks. It's in really good condition, properly marked and all of the vertical & horizontal signalization is renewed.

·
Macedonia
46,418 Posts
Macedonian Prime Minister: 230 km of Roads Are Currently Built in Macedonia

June 14, 2015, Sunday

Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski said on Sunday that about 230 km of roads are currently built in Macedonia, engaging over 2,500 workers.

"This number will rise in the coming months and years. The construction of the motorway section Kicevo*Ohrid is significant for the people living in the region, but also for tourists and companies engaged as sub*contractors", PM Gruevski told reporters during his visit to the Ohrid-*Struga region.

He said that an environmental study on the express road Ohrid*-Pestani is being developed.

"We will be very careful regarding the related environmental aspects. If everything goes as planned, we expect the start of construction works by the end of this year or the onset of 2016", added Gruevski.

He said the release of the public call on finding a concessionaire for the Kicevo*-Gostivar motorway section is in the final stage. According to him, these are significant endeavors due to provide fresh impulse in the region's economic development, but also the construction and tourism sectors.
- See more at: http://www.independent.mk/articles/...ently+Built+in+Macedonia#sthash.AERARCN5.dpuf

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Skopje/Скопје;124946800 said:
He said the release of the public call on finding a concessionaire for the Kicevo*-Gostivar motorway section is in the final stage.
- See more at: http://www.independent.mk/articles/...ently+Built+in+Macedonia#sthash.AERARCN5.dpuf
Should like the construction could begin "soon" (2016+). According to the famous map (which is frequently quoted, e.g. here) there are two remaining planed motorway sections:

* Struga - Albanian border
* Skopje - Kosovan border

Is there any info about their status?

btw: how long are the three sections (including Kicevo-Gostivar).

·
Macedonia
46,418 Posts
* Struga - Albanian border
* Skopje - Kosovan border

Is there any info about their status?
So far there are no activities of any kind (preparation of the necessary documentation etc.), they have been just announced and that's it.

btw: how long are the three sections (including Kicevo-Gostivar).
Kicevo-Gostivar is aprox. 50 km

Struga-Albanian border is aprox. 14 km

Skopje-Kosovo border is aprox. 22 km

1481 - 1500 of 2963 Posts