SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nominate your 3 favourite Cylindrical Skyscrapers.

These must be skyscrapers which have an overall cylinder shape, i.e. with the same-sized circular floorplate from the base of the tower to the top.

Please use this thread for nominating only. If you wish to discuss or post large numbers of pictures, please use the "DISCUSS:" thread.

-----------------

General rules:
The Hall of Fame forum is where we decide about our all-time favourites from the world of skyscrapers, skylines, buildings and cities. Every week users can nominate and vote in a specific category.

The five nominations that get the most mentions will be up for the final vote the week after. The one receiving the most votes will go into the Hall of Fame.

Nominating
If you name more then three, only the first three will count. If you name the same structure or city three times, that will be counted as one. Do not use this thread for discussions.

Promoting your favorite
Discuss this week's topic in the 'DISCUSS:' thread.

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
1.) Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, USA
2.) Azrieli Center Circular Tower, Tel Aviv, Israel
3.) Capitol Records Building, Los Angeles, USA

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
Marina City I and II, Chicago

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
1. Westin Peachtree Plaza - Atlanta
2. Marina City - Chicago (even though they are fugly as hell)
3. Capitol Records Building - LA

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
The BOFA in Seattle--if you count that as being cylindrical--it looks completely different from each side, many of which are--cylindrical.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XiaoBai said:
The BOFA in Seattle--if you count that as being cylindrical--it looks completely different from each side, many of which are--cylindrical.
Doesn't count I'm afraid.

It has to be an obvious cylinder shape. There's no way you'd call the BOFA tower a pure cylinder.

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
^I wouldn't say there's NO way--You could call it a pure cylinder if you were drunk--or a liar!

Okay then, put me down for the Westin Peachtree in Atlanta

·
Resurrected
24,352 Posts
My "patriot" chioce: BIZ Basel - it's not a cooling tower :) but already quite old

The strangest: Ponte City (it's HOLLOW in its core!) in Jo'burg

The oldest: Rundetaarn (round tower) in Cobenhagen inside is a spiral road where they could even go up by horse and cart!

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Westin Peachtree, Atlanta
Marriott Rennaisance Center, Detroit
Marina City, Chicago

·
Registered
93 Posts
Westin Peachtree Plaza; Atlanta, GA USA
Capitol Records Building; Los Angeles, CA USA
K Building; Dublin, IRE

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Capitol Records Building, Los Angeles

Hopewell Centre, Hong Kong

The Rotunda, Birmingham UK

·
Resurrected
24,352 Posts
Are there ANY nice cylindrical buildings at all? Til now there is nothing special appearing here :)

BTW: I forgot Hiton, SP - also not the "wow" building (especially if Copan is on the other side of the road, which is really a great building - you can see parts of it on the left):

·
Registered
477 Posts
Westin PeachTree Plaza - Atlanta

Marriot Rennaisance Center - Detroit.
Temasek Center - Singapore

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.