SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always fascinated by the places which are also called Manchester.

Just noticed this old Boston MBTA map on another forum - take a look at the top right hand side branch line, the station fourth from the top......

Specially added for forumer "Everything but a beach"

Anyone got any other Non-UK Manchester piccies????

·
Registered
27 Posts
While on holiday, I met a lady from Manchester, New Hampshire. She worked at the Manchester, NH airport and said they had LOADS of people end up there, meaning to get to Manchester, England. Bless.

·
Registered
11,479 Posts
I have friends from the Manchester, NH area, but everytime I go and visit them I never actually make it there.

New Hampshire is lovely though.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
While on holiday, I met a lady from Manchester, New Hampshire. She worked at the Manchester, NH airport and said they had LOADS of people end up there, meaning to get to Manchester, England. Bless.
Hi - any prospect of Tutti Frutti progressing in the near future?

·
Banned
15,521 Posts
Eerie that another great maritime city has mill towns called Manchester in part of its grim, industrial hinterland.

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts
funniest shit i've heard all week. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
A plethora of drunken shell-suited scallies show up at Liverpool, Nova Scotia quite regularly.

"Whair da **** aare we likhh, I tort we woz bewked to Liverpule Ingland, lah?"

"Can you kindly stop spitting on me sir, and can we get an interpreter over here please!"

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah thanks - i'll pass this on to my American cousin in Boston who's called "Everything and a beach"....!

:lol:
Hey BeachDude!

Was fascinated by this issue when I lived in Manchester and then I discovered Hollingworth lake...and it really does have a bit of a sandy beach!!!! Not worked out quite how to post a link from Google Earth but when I'll do I'll post it. Meanwhile if you don't know the lake check it out (beachy bit along the side of the B6225, top left corner). We went to see it once and it was really quite cute and dinky but definately quite beach-like!! So you can brag to your American cousin that Manch is 'Everything-and-a-(little)-beach'!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was flying home from Newark last weekend, and got to Continental's International check-in. The woman roaming around helping people asked where I was going, to which I replied 'Manchester' and she told me check-in was on another level.

Thought it rather odd, and started to walk off, then said to her "That's Manchester, UK?" She starts laughing and says "Oh, i'm sorry, I thought you meant Manchester, NH"

Turned out there was a Continental flight to Manchester, NH departing 5 minutes before the Manchester, UK one. Could have been interesting :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Bet you know this already

Had a great time in Barcelona this weekend.
The area at the sea front is called Barcelona Manchester because of the vast number of mill chimneys that used to be there. Also, apparently, it was the site of Spain's industrial revolution.
Now totally redeveloped with two massive skyscrapers. One lonely mill chimney and as far from the Manchester we know and love as is possible to get. Yacht marina for starters. And 30 degrees too.

Sorry should have taken a photo but was too excited. Er and no camera.:bash:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts