SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is only for Nordic & Baltic land armies,air force & navy photos. For military upgrades & news,we have Future weapons in Nordics and for N&B peackeeping missions & wars abroad,we have S&B UN/NATO/EU Peacekeeping missions around the globe

I wanted to post few Estonian military exercise photos but those wouldn't fit into either existing military thread,so thats why I created this thread...

Feel free to post any N&B related military photos,both historic and new. :cheers:

·
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Military exercise Kevadtorm / Springstorm 2010 (3 - 23 May)

in this year,3500 soldiers participate in it. It's basically an 'final exam' for all conscripts and they can practice their skills in full scale operation with professional soldiers.

Latvian invasion! :D (NBS Kājnieku brigādes 1.Kājnieku bataljona arrives at the exercise)

At Valga/Valka border... "Do you have anything to declare?" "Yes,loads of guns & military vehicles!" "ok,you can go then" :D

·
planquadrat
10,288 Posts
Good idea for a thread. I'll be a common visitor :D

What's up with the bulldozer? Was it participating in the exercise?

Btw, this summer and autumn there will be some decent-scale NATO exercises in Estonia and Latvia which among other nationalities will include a few hundred of US soldiers. Can't wait to see all the action photos/videos :D

·
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's up with the bulldozer? Was it participating in the exercise?
Those belong to pioneer battalion (along with front loaders,forklifts,cranes etc) Really useful for building stuff ...fast. ;)

Here's few more:

Btw, this summer and autumn there will be some decent-scale NATO exercises in Estonia and Latvia which among other nationalities will include a few hundred of US soldiers. Can't wait to see all the action photos/videos :D
Oh,I'm sure that at the same time we see Russian-Belorussian military exercise on the other side of border ;) Kinda like playing 'chicken',only on military scale :lol:

·
planquadrat
10,288 Posts
Oh,I'm sure that at the same time we see Russian-Belorussian military exercise on the other side of border ;) Kinda like playing 'chicken',only on military scale :lol:
A few months ago the Lithuanian prime-minister confirmed that the NATO exercises in the Baltic countries are related to the Russian/Belarussian exercises which took place earlier. The Russian exercise was essentially an offensive one and simulated intervention into the Baltics while the NATO exercise (at least part of it) will be about helping the NATO support to arrive to the spot. Quite an interesting situation. Anyway, what I care about the most is seeing all the equipment in action :D

·
Banned
4,330 Posts
Are you a spy ? :) Maybe it would be better not to show everything.

·
Banned
635 Posts
sry Tin, but "I cant get the idea" of this topic. It does not raise any values or talks of a interesting views or issues. Its dead topic. We should change it to something interesting. Military theme is OK but it does need subidea. So I call all members to think, what it should or may be to open table forum here! - lets clear it out. Lets get some narrative, a problem solving solution or low-end idea in grassroots...

help much needed,

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
Someone on this board, and I am not naming any names, has a passion for posting military photos. Judging from the view count, someone also has an interest in watching them. I personally prefer that they remain in this thread, than that they flod the excisting military threads we have about future weapons and peacekeeping missions, where they really didnt belong and where I was close to makeing a huge fuss about them being posted en masse.... Lot of threads I dont spend a lot of time in, but no reason to change them. We all knpw what this thread is about...

·
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sry Tin, but "I cant get the idea" of this topic. It does not raise any values or talks of a interesting views or issues. Its dead topic. We should change it to something interesting. Military theme is OK but it does need subidea. So I call all members to think, what it should or may be to open table forum here! - lets clear it out. Lets get some narrative, a problem solving solution or low-end idea in grassroots...

help much needed,
Someone on this board, and I am not naming any names, has a passion for posting military photos. Judging from the view count, someone also has an interest in watching them. I personally prefer that they remain in this thread, than that they flod the excisting military threads we have about future weapons and peacekeeping missions, where they really didnt belong and where I was close to makeing a huge fuss about them being posted en masse.... Lot of threads I dont spend a lot of time in, but no reason to change them. We all knpw what this thread is about...
Sry,I didn't know that I've offended so many people by simply posting few pics. :( I just thought it would be cool to actually have few photos in addition to news & 'RIP,yet another gone' posts on peacekeeping missions thread (I really haven't posted that much photos on future weapons thread),you know,just to see which camos & equipment N&B troops use. For example - land armies thread on DLM has about 50-60% of photos and rest is news...I shouldn't even mention UK Barracks forum. As people are so negative about it,I won't post any more military photos in any of our three military threads. Again,sry,for causing trouble.

That said,both threads have been a lot more active than before... :dunno: hmm?

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
Sry,I didn't know that I've offended so many people by simply posting few pics. :( I just thought it would be cool to actually have few photos in addition to news & 'RIP,yet another gone' posts on peacekeeping missions thread (I really haven't posted that much photos on future weapons thread),you know,just to see which camos & equipment N&B troops use. For example - land armies thread on DLM has about 50-60% of photos and rest is news...I shouldn't even mention UK Barracks forum. As people are so negative about it,I won't post any more military photos in any of our three military threads. Again,sry,for causing trouble.

That said,both threads have been a lot more active than before... :dunno: hmm?
Post all the pics you want, just keep it in this thread.

·
i don't like skyscrapers
432 Posts
I like this thread. I don't really care where the pictures are or if they merit their own thread, but there should be a place to post things like this. So I'd like it if you carry on, Tin_Can.

·
Banned
635 Posts
I have not said, that there is no need for pics like above or pictures are bad - NO. Lets keep the photos rolling, but what makes those photos interesting or they have some little common idea (not only - "yo dog all shit is about military and shit"). Maybe a little story first and pictures after. Not like: "this is ketchup" and we see picture, where is pile of red shit all over. Military theme is so wide - we just dont get to the overview or to the point - there will be no message to catch, if we dont have any aim.
I spotted "idea" with high building on background and CV90 - this pic has idea. Its just an example. The idea is something ta talk about, not form of spamming.

talk-talk!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts