Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nore stave church
Numedal - Norway

Nore stave church (Nore stavkyrkje) is a stave church at Nore in Nore og Uvdal municipality, Numedal, Norway and was built after 1167 according to
dendrochronological dating. The church was built with galleries, a chancel and cross naves - an architectural style that was unique in Europe during
the Middle Ages. It is called the Nummedals-type. The church also has a central mast, that was originally the support for a tower, mostly likely
containing church bells. The walls and ceiling of the interior are decorated with murals, among them scenes from the Bible presented as riddles. The
chancel was replaced in 1683 and the spokes of the nave in the first half of 18th century.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valia said:
What's the small house next to ther church?, it comprises of the set?
Thats the traditional Norwegian "Stabbur" (sod roofed log building). They was the refrigerator and the warehouse to the each farms in the old days. All farms had one of those and the one that are left can be many, many hundreds years old. Today the one that is left is as small museums, or small huts. Some of them can be as large as a 40-50 square meter large apartment, but most has the same size as the one close to this church with is about 15 square meters.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to apologize to all of you, and i have to complain to my self this time, i've done a terrible mistake in mixing two churches. The three first images was of Uvdal stave church, while the rest was from Nore stave church.

@ Ellatur:

That was the traditional Norwegian "Stabbur" (sod roofed log building). They was the refrigerator and the warehouse to the each farms in the old days. All farms had one of those and the one that are left can be many, many hundreds years old. Today the one that is left is as small museums, or small huts. Some of them can be as large as a 40-50 square meter large apartment, but most has the same size as the one close to this church with is about 15 square meters.

But the images of it has been moved to its own thread, because its not the Nore stave church.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Christian said:
I have to apologize to all of you, and i have to complain to my self this time, i've done a terrible mistake in mixing two churches. The three first images was of Uvdal stave church, while the rest was from Nore stave church.

@ Ellatur:

That was the traditional Norwegian "Stabbur" (sod roofed log building). They was the refrigerator and the warehouse to the each farms in the old days. All farms had one of those and the one that are left can be many, many hundreds years old. Today the one that is left is as small museums, or small huts. Some of them can be as large as a 40-50 square meter large apartment, but most has the same size as the one close to this church with is about 15 square meters.

But the images of it has been moved to its own thread, because its not the Nore stave church.
thnx for the info :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts