SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Norfolk is the main city in the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area of Virginia. The other cities are Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Newport News. It's not a huge city, population wise, but it has some really cool shots. I'm starting with pics I took of the Tall Ship Festival! The tall ships came from all over the world, and lots of little boats came too...

On the way to join the fun, you pass through the Japanese Garden

Germans!

The American Navy's Tall Ship

Uruguay came too:

It was a beautiful day in Norfolk:

A View of Portsmouth on the Other Side of the Elizabeth River:

·
18,165 Posts
The American Navy's Tall Ship
That is not actually the Navy's tall ship. That is the tall ship of my state, Delaware. It is a replica of the "Kalmar Nyckel", the Swedish ship that brought settlers to what is now Wilmington in 1638. Those settlers became Sweden's only colony in the New World.

You have a second picture of our ship as well:

·
Virginia!!!
81 Posts
Not very urban? Well, were changing that =)

Heres some more pictures!

Going to our cruise ship terminal.

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

*taken from same building as above pics, its Virginia Beach town center
CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN
Fort Norfolk & Port Norfolk

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

CaveMaN

Telmstr (UP)

Telmstr (UP)

CaveMaN

Wells Fargo Center (Wachovia) going up in background, belmont apartments going up in foreground. Brand new hotel to the far left, with light rail going down the middle =D.
CaveMaN

http://www.norfolk.gov/wachovia_center/default.asp

·
█ ♣ █
379 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that.

I was just about to make a comment on why he was calling it one of America's Navy ships when it clearly has the flag of Sweden.

That is not actually the Navy's tall ship. That is the tall ship of my state, Delaware. It is a replica of the "Kalmar Nyckel", the Swedish ship that brought settlers to what is now Wilmington in 1638. Those settlers became Sweden's only colony in the New World.

You have a second picture of our ship as well:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts