Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
decore
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo, I'm new here but I've lurked around for a while.
I have not seen anything here from Norrköping so I thought it was time to show you all my city,

Norrköping - City Of The Golden King :)

The Golden King is sitting on the top of Rådhuset.

It's called the Flatiron building ;)

Rådhuset, 68 m.

A small tram going over the bridge which is part of Drottninggatan.

Some nice looking building.

This is close to where I live. A multicultural neighbourhood ;)

This is Drottninggatan, the main street of Norrköping.

The shopping-center of Norrköping. Normally the parking-lot is full of cars but this picture was taken on a holiday when the stores were closed.

Some houses in Folkparken.

Campus Norrköping. Part of Linköping University.

The inner city is surrounded by this kind of promenades.

Southern promenade.

Folkparken in autumn.

I think this is the biggest church here.

Some kind of a power plant, 100 m.

A panorama of part of the old industrial landscape.

And finally a panorama from the watertower. You can see about 180 degrees of the city here.

Hope you liked 'em! :-D

·
Resurrected User
706 Posts
Looks very cosy little town - and everything is so clean and in good condition. I like those lovely old houses and trams. Thanks for showing these pics, have not seen Norrköping before.

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Welcome decore, and wow, those are some great pictures! First time we see Norrköping here on SSC I think, and what a lovely city it is! I've only traveled through it, but it looks like it's really worth a trip on it's own :) Oh btw, Rådhuset is 68 m tall, so you were really close on your guess ;)
That panorama from the watertower rocks :eek:kay: Is it open to the public?

·
囧!
10,897 Posts
Great pics! I especially like those shot at the city centre and the pano (where you can see Idrottsparken - to bad IFK plays in the lower leagues nowadays ;)). Rådhuset actually looks smaller than i really is, imo.

·
User
719 Posts
Nice pics and really lovely city. I like Flatiron building quite much because of its nice architecture and yellow colour. The beautiness of this city can be certainly compared with bigger cities.

·
decore
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Norrköping is worth a visit. It's not a big city but it has a kind of small big-city feel to it. There are a lot of old industrial buildings remaining which I think is pretty unique and should be interesting for some.

I'm happy for all the kind words about my pictures. As you probably see they are not taken at the same time, instead they are carefully selected from my digital photoalbum. :)

...and that watertower is not open for the public. Actually it's not a watertower anymore because it has recently been renovated to student apartments and I was up there thanks to a friend who had his apartment there.

·
Illustrator
6,776 Posts
Nice pictures and seems like a beautiful city! I didn't know Norrköping looks so nice, I knew about the trams though. We have never seen it before on the forum I think so it is extra welcome. It is hard to imagine this is one of Sweden's largest cities though.

·
Expert
933 Posts
oh Shiiiiite decore you're defenately the whikkides photographer i've seen for quite some time, i look forward fr more pics of yours

Norrköping looks kinda dull like Östersund kinda, how many ppl live there?

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
I think that first picture is gorgeous. And I also like the old industrial buildings, they remind me abit of Akerselva here:)

Btw, watch out for the real flatiron building on this forum very soon. There was something swedish about it last week;)

·
Registered
951 Posts
My brother used to study at the university in Linköping (like a twin city) and he sometimes went to Norrköping on the weekends for the "small big city feeling" that Linköping lacks in spite of the fact that Linköping has outgrown Norrköping nowadays. I don't know which city is busiest but Norrköping has some nice majestic architecture and interesting cityscape from 100 years ago. I'd love to see more pics from it!

·
Another RussianDatingScam
308 Posts
Svempa99 said:
My brother used to study at the university in Linköping (like a twin city) and he sometimes went to Norrköping on the weekends for the "small big city feeling" that Linköping lacks in spite of the fact that Linköping has outgrown Norrköping nowadays. I don't know which city is busiest but Norrköping has some nice majestic architecture and interesting cityscape from 100 years ago. I'd love to see more pics from it!
Man brukar kalla Norrköping för en liten storstad och Linköping för en stor liten stad, det ligger nånting i det. Norrköping har mer höghus och är mycket mer tätbebyggt. Linköping däremot har få höghus och är mer utspritt. Skulle dock vilja påstå att Linköping har ett bättre läge ,det ligger väldigt centralt placerat i Östergötland, som spindeln i nätet. Däremot måste jag säga att Linköping är mycket trevligare, det anses väl finare också...det är kanske en smaksak. Norrköping är lite gråare, tristare och dessutom busigare. I vilken annan stad vaktar securitas inne på biblioteket för att ungjävlarna inte ska sabba hela stället.

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts