Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow SSCers! :banana:

I'd like to share with you my July family road trip that took us roughly 2000km (1200 miles) through 2 Canadian provinces and 5 U.S. states. Our major destinations included Montreal, Quebec , Portland, Maine and Boston, Massachusetts with a plethora of lovely towns and amazing natural scenery along the way.

Our journey starts out in a suburb just east of Toronto, where we traveled east along highway 401 to Montreal.

Reactions: nick.english.dept

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We've arrived in Montreal, QC!

These are some shots I took near our hotel by the Gay Village.

More to come soon!

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
More of MTL

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After leaving Montreal, we dipped down into the US of A en route to Portland, Maine. We traveled through the very scenic Appalachian mountains in Vermont and New Hampshire and passed through a number of charming towns along the way.

Reactions: nick.english.dept

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ I actually took more videos than pictures during the drive to Portland. I will upload some of them to youtube and post them when i get the chance :D

We've arrived in Portland! In true New England fashion, it was drizzly and overcast, which definitely gave an authentic feeling to the cultural capital of Maine.

This statue says it all!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for these pics - I notice cobbled streets, I always thought they were quite rare in North America. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of Maine, I studied there on an exchange in 1999 (at Maine Maritime Academy which was in a village called Castine). I never went to Portland but the natural scenery of the state was incredible, especially as I was there in Autumn. There were quite a few small towns that I visited or went through that were really nice as well.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for these pics - I notice cobbled streets, I always thought they were quite rare in North America.
Me too! I didn't expect to see much in the way of atypical North American streets during this trip at all. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, all three of the big cities I visited had numerous areas that contained cobblestone/brick streets.

They might be an east coast phenomenon, because I know out my way there is hardly anything but asphalt or concrete streets/sidewalks.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ Thanks guys! :D

Here's some more of Portland down by the waterfront.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Gorgeous. I just get baffled when people tell me that there's insignificant or even NO architectural heritage in North America. Of course this showcase, as well as many others, proves otherwise, and how wonderful these places look. Please show more. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.