Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like the design, but comparing the Stage 2 render and the final Stage 3 render, I don't quite understand - are they demolishing that house in front and replacing it? Or is it a render that doesn't match? Seems like the views from the first storey apartment are a little compromised in the stage 2 render but not the third? How could that be so?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the design, but comparing the Stage 2 render and the final Stage 3 render, I don't quite understand - are they demolishing that house in front and replacing it? Or is it a render that doesn't match? Seems like the views from the first storey apartment are a little compromised in the stage 2 render but not the third? How could that be so?
They are demolishing and replacing the house in front and replacing it with a row of terrace houses. The floor of L1 apartments will be level with the roof of the houses so the view isn't compromised.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My friend used to live in that house in the early 1990s, moved in after the original owner (who had the place built) died and the family rented it out with most of his furniture still inside. There was a 1960's studebaker car in the garage, the whole place was a museum of kitsch. He had the front as an office and ran the small car yard from it for 30yrs apparently.
After my friend moved out it eventually became a brothel so its good to see the site realise it's potential.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.