SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
ъхъ
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ето една нова и подредена тема за Балчик. Този град и снимките от там го заслужава :) Предните две, са тук:

Темата на bgrs
Темата на AnonymvsBeaver

This thread is about Balchik and Kavarna, two towns in Southern Dobrudja, about 50 kilometers north of Varna. Both are on the Black Sea coast. However while one is a historical town and has been attracting tourists for decades (Balchik), the other (Kavarna) has recently emerged as a town hosting rock music concerts. Kavarna and the area around it were largely left out of the construction "explosion" of the past 10 years and are have just recently started to attract the attention of developers. This, in my opinion is their chance to develop a better kind of tourist facilities than the megalomaniac structures built in places like Sunny Beach. Balchik is more famous with its Castle and Botanical gardens, the former built by the queen of Romania, while Southern Dobrudja had been occupied by Romania in the interwar period (1913-1940) and the latter having been developed later (1940-60s ?) Perhaps this introduction was a little hectic, but wikipedia can be consulted by those thirsty for knowledge on the subject. Balchik and Kavarna are not generally hot topics, so we can trust wikipedia to be generally impartial in this case ;)

The promised Balchik photos :)

The little marina and port of Balchik:

Seaside:

A view from the roof of the hotel and our hotel room :)

Apparently the marina functions as heliport too..

Balchik:

A boat trip:

·
ъхъ
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The museum of Kaliakra...located in a cave:

Kavarna: an agricultural town trying to become a tourist attraction. Boring, not very pretty, underdeveloped and needs at least 5 years to become a real resort. However, the vicinity of Balchik, cape Kaliakra, 2 golf courses and lots of luxury residential complexes will probably boost its development:

·
ъхъ
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The Botanical Gardens, site of a recent row between Sofia University and the Ministry of Culture (over the ownership) :eek:hno:

The Queen fell in love with a Muslim fisherman and built him a mosque as a sign of her affection.. Romantic ;)

Features one of the larger collections of cacti in the world :yes:

·
ъхъ
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Снимките на canis_bg.

Some pics from my trip to Balchik and the botanical garden. My last visit there was 3 years ago, and I was astonished again- this is one of the most beautiful places in the country!!!

First some impresions for Radi on the way there:D

The summer residence of the romanian queen: Beautifull

1 - 20 of 252 Posts