Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Yip-Eyey-Kie-Ay
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I pass by all these construction sites every day, I decided to hop out of the car and take a few pictures!

Tridel's Meridian phase 1 is now complete, with people moving in on the lower floors.

I Think the building looks fantastic, not sure if it really needs a second phase though....

Street level looks very nice, however... no retail tenants... maybe because its on finch?

Very slim from the front, I like it very much!

That's C condos on the left

side view from yonge and finch.

C condos, Phase 1 is very close to completion, phase 2 is getting its cladding now. also looking quite nice (surprisingly)

phase 2 is pretty much topped out....

soo many condos around this area....

Pemberton Group's Pulse Condo has almost reached the second floor. I hate the design of the building, but it'll add street retail to this part of yonge street. (I'm being positive.)

and there are TONS more projects going on that i don't have pictures of... Luxe, by MENKES is starting de-constuction on the site, (so long Tim hortons!) and Dia Condos is almost complete, and looking quite nice.

There is a new sales centre going up on yonge, Just before Finch Station, and its Directly across the street from the Luxe site

(taken from a moving car, not the best picture)

I have no idea what project this sales centre is for..... anyone have any ideas? there was nothing on that site before and its right next to the Ontario Hydro building.

well thats all for now folks! I'll try and get more pictures, and continue to try and make them larger... (ugh!)

enjoy

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
thx for the update...we don't see enough North York......Tridel are actually getting better, slowly....

c condos looks like Vegas!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Although not directly pictured, there's also the last phase of Triumph a bit south of Finch.

It's a shame about the Burger King and Just Drums. Not that they are that important really to the grand scheme of things, they are just nice places that I've passed by over the last two decades and fill many memories...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Burger King?

dammit, I really wish we had a vomit smiley for occasions like this.
LOL not that I really care about burger king particularly, it was just part of the landscape I am used to. I'm sure there are things you are used to that sound ridiculously stupid to everyone else.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anybody here live in a condo around Yonge/Finch? Just curious, what is the demographics of the people buying these places?

I know there's alot of Korean and Persian businesses, but there's not that many of them... so who's fueling the demand for all those condos around there?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would guess the demographics are mixed with a lot of young professional living in those condos as well. The Yonge & Finch area is a great hub for transportation. If you work downtown, uptown, midtown, or York Region, transit is at your doorstep with one ticket. If you need to drive, the 401 and the 407 are pretty close by.

·
Yip-Eyey-Kie-Ay
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
immigrants. thousands and thousands of immigrants.

and none of them speak a word of english.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yonge and finch filled with iranians, europeans, koreans, chinese, few south asians.

but i guess we wont know until tridel and c-condos are fully occupied.

·
Banned
609 Posts
I was in the area the other day with my Asian friend. We were trying to figure out who was moving into the neighbourhood. While there were many Oriental people, there was also a dominance of Indians.

I asked if he thought this area would eventually become a second China/Korea town, but we both agreed in the end that with the mixture of cultures up there, they will probably create their own culture. It's too modern, and things are just still too suburban.

My guess, is that in 10 years, the area will be a mix of what you'd find at Dundas/Spadina and 404/Hwy 7. Lot's of bubble Tea's and massive theatres mixed in with street level shopping and high rise condos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know who are the other thousands of people who are buying a Condos there, but I know that there's at least one French-Canadian who bought one (aka me ;)) if it can be ready before 2020 ! (seems so long to wait ! Pulse Phase 1 :bash: ).

G.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bienvenue, civic! Is the Pulse that huge hole just south of the big Shoppers Drug Mart?

Continuing with the demographics, does anybody see families moving in or are people usually student renters and singles/couples?

Btw, Dia's almost complete and the glass look really stands out in a good way (south of Finch near Churchill).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, it's the big hole beside the new Shoppers Drug Mart.

Since I've moved to the GTA (4.5 years ago), I've live in 3 basement appartment. My current job is at Highway 7 and 404. Any condos in a tower (I'll be on the 16th floor) will be much better than a basement with minimal light and some kids/teenager walking loudly over your head on a wooden floor!!!

The Tim is gone ! :eek:hno: Where is the nearest one then ??? :cheers:

·
Banned
217 Posts
hey... even if there's precast on those North York condo projects, they have a more Asian, supermodern look to them. I like what I see... it's good for North York.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts