101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Upton Northampton

Hi, Does anyone know if they are going to make shops at Upton Northampton?
Also want to know what is the latest project that is being worked on in Northampton?

Thanks

·
Semilong
1 Posts
Hell of a lot going on in Northampton at the moment cannot believe that a town with a population approaching nearly 230.000 does not have more contributors to this site.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
There's the new university campus going up. More info: http://hellowaterside.northampton.ac.uk/

Nothing seems to be happening with the giant hole where the old bus station used to stand. The one that was twice the size it needed to be, unlike the current one which is one quarter the size it needs to be.

The new council offices are up too now I believe. I do need to get back up to Northampton and get some photos of these things.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My city in Europe has 35,000 inhabitants and has over 270 pages
Northampton has over 200,000 inhabitants and this site dies
What to do to get people come to this place, interested in investing and planning in the Town?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Unfortunately people in the UK are only obsessed with celebrities and f***book. When it comes to planning whilst it's great to have inclusion and democracy, people only either seemed worried about how fast they can drive somewhere and why they can't park their car directly outside for free!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Hell of a lot going on in Northampton at the moment cannot believe that a town with a population approaching nearly 230.000 does not have more contributors to this site.
I don't have any photos of new developments in Northampton, but I can furnish you with this photo of the Guildhall I took on Sunday:

(this is from my visit for the Heritage Open Day, which doubles as a vintage bus running day, also visiting the Ironstone Railway Museum. Full gallery here: https://mkttransportphoto.smugmug.com/2017/September-2017/Northampton-Heritage-Open-Day-10-September-2017)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I already understand why no one is doing information about Northampton
This city no longer has an identity, too many immigrants.
Does not care anyone, everyone wants to have a comfortable life and money
Sadly, only old people remember, nobody more
I'm from Poland, but I'm looking at old photos of Northampton
This is a nice place
I regret that this happened.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I moved from the North East five years ago and also wonder why there is no activity on this thread. I still keep tabs on the North East threads and there is a massive amount of forum activity.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
101 - 120 of 121 Posts