Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I visited Nortern Cyprus last week. Island was hot but beautiful, many well preserved historical buildings and newly developing areas especially in Girne. I stayed in Girne but also visited Lefkoşa, Lefke, Güzelyurt and Magosa.

And I want to start with the capital city..

Lefkoşa

Historical Turkish Neighbourhoods of Lefkoşa. Those local yellow stone gave a unique lovely facade to the buildings.

Girne - Tourism Center and Biggest City of the North.

Bella Pais Monastry of which church was first established by priests of the Augustinian order, other monastry parts added during French Rule, become an Orthodox Church during Ottoman Rule. Today it is a museum, while church still open for praying and dining room functions as a concert hall.

Historic Dining Room is a concert hall today

I will post more from Central Girne, Magosa and others on the following days.

·
Strange User
19,684 Posts
My open thought about photos and generally Cyprus is different actually. Although System_Halted took good photos. I didn't like the places. Very ugly, backward places. It is interesting that both sides of the Cyprus are very ugly. south is ugly and backward too, with ugly beton apartments ect. North looks alive as much as ephesos and although looks more untouched than South, it doesn't look authantic and well cared. Ugly island completely without any doubt.

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is not ugly imo, and I must say many of the historical buildings were in good condition and overall infrastructure of the island was good. It was a bit dry because of fresh water shortness. Although N. Cyprus is not glamourus (yet), it is a pretty cozy, clean, peaceful and beautiful place. I want to go there once more.

·
28,152 Posts
Great pics! Hopefully this island will be reunited soon and truly prosper once again!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts