SkyscraperCity banner

761 - 780 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I don't see them having/being awarded the funds to buy it but you never know! The NI ticket prices have been jacked up recently so maybe they are playing a long game...!

One thing Windsor has in its favour is a railway line right beside it. Perfect for a large stadium. It baffles me there aren't a few platforms there already for match days and other events.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I think there are platforms (??), they're just never used. Windsor could be/should be world class. Walking distance of the city centre and all the pubs/restaurants and clubs. Put a retractable roof over it and you have a multi-purpose stadium in the heart of the city. Perfect for boxing, concerts, events, exhibitions. Millennium Stadium v2. Massive boost to the local economy..

Who srly wants a stadium out on the North Foreshore, miles from anywhere!!! Or worse, out at the Maze #grim #keepItInBelfast

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Perhaps the North Forshore for a Velodrome or an Aquatic Centre, but imagine walking from the North Foreshore to the city centre. #fonaCab

The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff is my favourite stadium in the World, it's literally 2 blocks away from Cardiff City Centre. It's unreal. Anybody that has any doubts about city centre stadia needs to visit to Cardiff on a Six Nations Match Day. Mann it's unreal!! The atmosphere is amazing. When the roof is shut it's a cauldron and then 75,000 people spill out into Cardiffs pubs/restaurants/bars/clubs....

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The Millennium Stadium is like having a 75,000 seater stadium 2 streets away from Royal Avenue. It's unreal!! It's amazing.

Wembley and Twickenham are grim grim places. Miles from London city centre. Grim. *shudders*

Let's build a city centre stadium and keep the party going!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Although the most expensive option, a national stadium at TQ catering for all sports and events would have been the catalyst for bigger and better things.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks good! Seems the league is getting more publicity and attendances growing! Hopefully further investment in and around stadia follows

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Ballymena's one of my favourite grounds to visit, decent stands, a couple of great bars nearby and for some reason the away fan entrance is located closest to the town centre... very handy!

Never seen the pitch looking that well there... how long before the next stock car race?

·
Registered
710 Posts
It tickles me that Ballymena United's advertising hoardings are handpainted (likewise with Larne's), by a well known eccentric Larne based former hotelier, crooner and all-round impresario (in so far as such a term can be applied to someone from Larne).

Bit of East Antrim QI for youse there.

#IrishLeagueBehaviour

·
Registered
73 Posts
Work has started on phase 1 of a £2.3m development at Blanchflower PF in east Belfast. It'll deliver an IFA standard pitch, pavilion & facilities for @WeldersFC, while a further £1.1m is being invested to create a 3G pitch for use by local teams - (link: http://ow.ly/cRNW30mCTNf) ow.ly/cRNW30mCTNf

·
Registered
23 Posts
The stock car track finally going at The Ballymena Showgrounds in preparation of a new run off area ahead of the Europa League match.

761 - 780 of 802 Posts