SkyscraperCity banner

801 - 810 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Does anyone know the latest on the Oval redevelopment? Great to see work progressing for Dundella and the Welders, I'm also glad to see the kick boxing club is being reveloped it looked ready to fall down last time I passed it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone know the latest on the Oval redevelopment? Great to see work progressing for Dundella and the Welders, I'm also glad to see the kick boxing club is being reveloped it looked ready to fall down last time I passed it.
Glentoran, like most clubs are waiting on Sub-Regional Stadia Funding, however that funding stream requires a fresh consultation per Department of Communities. But I suspect that if money is found to close costing gap in Casement Refurb then additional funding will be found for football.

·
22,182 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now it is wait and see when @CommunitiesNI will complete fresh consultation for Sub-Regional Stadia Funding, which I dont believe will be completed before additional funding is found for Casement Park.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great to see a bit of positive news for Irish League stadiums in the last few months, with Crusaders taking a step forward with their plans for the stand at Seaview, and Glentoran releasing some concept images of the new Oval.

Hopefully the Executive are closer to releasing the Sub Regional Stadia funding to allow others to push forward with their redevelopments. I remember Cliftonville had similar redevelopment plans released back in 2016, and Coleraine are eager to progress their expansion plans. Attendances at Irish League football matches have been increasing in the last few years, so hopefully the improved facilities will only draw more positive attention and, with a bit of luck, larger crowds.

801 - 810 of 810 Posts