SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 909 Posts

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a thread for the Copenhagen suburbs to put an end to discussion as to what goes in which threads. I can't say I take much interest in this - for peolple who favour urbanism, any suburban project is a missed oportunity and a sad case of misunderstood planning. Therefore the most interesting projects which will go in this thread are, in my opinion, those that will contribute to making the suburbs more urban or at least lend them a bit of identity.

As for how much should be included, U suggest:
1) Copenhagen and Frederiksberg Municipality goes in the "real" Copenhagen thread. I haven't really got an opinion on wheather the more suburban parts of Copenhagen Municipality, such as Vanløse and Brønshøj should rather go in here.
2) Roskilde, Helsingør and Køge are NOT included but goes in the general Denmark thread since they obviously have an identity of their own, or in dedicated threads should anyone want to make them. Especially Køge could imo deserve its own thread since there seems to be a lot of things happening there right now or in the near future.
3) Everything in the intermediate zone goes in this thread.
4) Except Tuborg Havn which still goes in the dedicated thread. Infrastructure still goes in the infrastructure thread.

Background and overall initiatives

1947 and 2007 Finger Plans
Historically, the Copenhagen suburbs have been developed according to the Finger Plan from 1947 which intends for the suburbs to develop as fingers along commuter rail lines seperated by green wedges:

A few years ago the plan was updated with the 2007 Finger Plan but the finger structure continues to provide the overall guidelines for Copenhagen's development, although now with 7 (or 6½) fingers instead of the original 5:

Link in Danish:
http://www.skovognatur.dk/Udgivelser/2007/Fingerplan2007.htm

Ring City project

More recently, an initiative has been launched to develop and integrate a Ring City (Danish: Ringbyen) along the Ring 3 highway which encircles Copenhagen:

Link in Danish:
http://www.kommuneplan2009.hvidovre.dk/Default.aspx?ID=154#subpage1

Loop City vision

Another vision for the development of the Copenhagen Metropolitan Area is the Loop City project which was presented by Bjarke Ingels Group on the 2010 Venice Biennale. It wnvisions a city around the Danish and Swedish sides of Øresund but really falls outside the scope of this thread. Here is a link in English though:

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/ca...tects-finger-plan-to-loop-city-1947-2047.html

·
Registered
566 Posts
Great Idea but...
How about drawing a line/path in google earth to show us all what this thread is all about - perhaps as a color-layer in photoshop?

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Idea but...
How about drawing a line/path in google earth to show us all what this thread is all about - perhaps as a color-layer in photoshop?
I don't really see the need, with other threads there is also a grey zone. But if you or anyone else wants to make such a map, I will happily insert it in the first post of course.:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you ramblersen for starting this thread :applause:

If your rules are obeyed the forum will be swell again.

·
Mod nye projekter
8,836 Posts
What a good move Ramblersen :), and I like your little historical intro.

About Vanløse and Brønshøj a.o., you should count that in the original Copenhagen thread, since it belongs to the municipality, only for further mis-understandings.

What quality is, depends on the eye of the beholder, but in my opinion a lot of new construction we have seen in e.g Ørestad, and the harbourfront isn't worse or better what you can find in Greve, Brøndby, Hvidovre and all the other places, that is considered as less attractive locations

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Redevelopment of the Flyvestation Værløse areain Furesø Municipality progresses slowly. 56 new homes are about to go under construction in Lanshøj (formerly known as Nordlejren military barracks) - the northern part of a 94 area which is supposed ultimately to contain 1000 housing units. The area is not part of the larger, controversial area which was given to Furesø Municipality as a compensation for being stuck with Farum Municipality's debts in connection with the municipal reform.

http://www.building-supply.dk/article/view.html?id=56625

The area:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diverse projects this thread sees:

Prize tag: DKK 50,000,000
Construction year: : 2010 (hmm...unless it is well under way I some how doubt that...)
Size: 354 sqm. house, 1608 sgm site and 440 basement
Architect: Lars Gitz

http://www.dinepenge.dk/bolig/4.-vedbaek-strandvej-402-vedbaek

BONUS INFO:

Lars Gitz was the architect behind the design of this old-timer, the long time dead Tower of Water in Taarnby:

»Tower of Water - Designhotel«

·
Registered
253 Posts
About the ring city, and yes its infrastructure, but i think its relevant to the planning of that suburb part.

We have a strong, but under maintained yes, suburb train system, the s-train. I don't see why they would build a new, and slower light rail system, which most commuters would use for shorter distance, than a faster s train, with less stops, which would attract long travel commuters, and in my opinion, makes a better infrastructure for the new city. I think that the city would be more popular if it had a s-train along the motorway?

1 - 20 of 909 Posts