Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at this and it does not appear to have a thread. It was approved March 2017 but has seen some condition discharges in June 2018 and according to Loiner's Girders on another thread the demolition is almost complete.

15/04521/FU Demolition of existing working mens club; residential development 54No. units and replacement working mens club. Meanwood WMC 35 Stonegate Road Meanwood Leeds LS6 4HZ

https://publicaccess.leeds.gov.uk/o...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=NS7AZBJB17S00

Meanwood 3D1 by tigerman687, on Flickr

Meanwood 3D2 by tigerman687, on Flickr

·
Back home
4,217 Posts
Demolition of the structure is still not complete as of yesterday (Tuesday). What appears to be the back-of-house facilities at the top end of the site are still standing. I presume these are much more of a complex task than knocking down the main hall.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I’ve finally worked out where this development is. It will add some character to a rather dreary stretch of road, I think. Now, if only somebody could bring a bit of flair to that dismal little retail park across the road, making sure Majestic stays of course.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I’ve finally worked out where this development is. It will add some character to a rather dreary stretch of road, I think. Now, if only somebody could bring a bit of flair to that dismal little retail park across the road, making sure Majestic stays of course.
The best thing to bring to that retail park is a bulldozer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This looks good, pleased they are keeping the stone wall to the front. Design looks okay, although wasn't expecting anything spectacular in Meanwood.

Indeed, the retail park opposite is abysmal. The Aldi hasn't been updated for at least 20 years - appalling shopping experience.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I used to live in meanwood years ago, looks like it's changed a bit since then! Agree that this development will improve the area further, what is the building next to the residential - looks like a health centre or library?

Does anyone else remember GT Smith's supermarket where Waitrose is now? Was like going back in time to the 80s - it hadn't changed in 20 years when I used to shop there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts