SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it was bound to happen in Dubai, we have had towers creeping up on the majical 3 figure number and finally yesterday a 100F residentail tower was launched out building the 2 90F ones released so far this year.Deffinatly a 400m plus tower
check out the thread on the dubai threads.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=201429

·
Registered
31,846 Posts
^ Yeah, just one of the five 300+ meter talls residencials in the same block, complemented by at least 5 other 200+ meters tall. :D

·
Registered
31,846 Posts
This tower will be sandwitched between other 300+ towers that no one can appreciate the beauty (or not) of it. Important is that the uper part that will be visible above the other towers in that aerea, has some variation on it. :D

·
Banned
13,693 Posts
Bikes said:
Hey mate, please everyone has its own taste, imo its amezing, i dont know how come that a mod starts to argue with me... Ive been in London a few times, and you would surely be proud if this would get built there.. Just my 2cents..
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound insulting, I just think the design is a little bland. I'd like to see more variation in colours, shapes and architectural styles in Dubai. At the moment it seems like there are too many green/turquoise towers with strange tops and stripey white bits around the facade. I'm happy that Dubai is getting another supertall (110 storeys is damn impressive), but they should be producing a more 'individual' and unique design for something this size in my opinion. I think it lacks creativity. And no, I wouldn't want this built in London - it would look out of place.

·
-
3,637 Posts
In Dubai, only the sky is the limit...

Bad design btw, i don't like it.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.