Use - Student / Residential

Architects - Fuse Studios

Developer - Bildurn + Vita Student

Expected Start Date - September 2018

PRE-APP SCREENING REQUEST SUBMITTED

The Site

Drawings + Massing

Interactive Development Map

You can view as to where the development is on my Nottingham Interactive Development Map:

·
Davie
731 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some more detailed renders.

Pleased to see that the previous building has bitten the dust, like a few others nearby just by now not being there the area is immediately improved.

·
Unregistered User
708 Posts
I honestly think this is too high. Yes, height is good and all that blah blah, but not here. It would ruin the lovely streetscape and cast a shadow of modernism of debatable quality on the lovely old buildings in front of it.

I'm also annoyed that 11 Station Street is getting built because of what's going to be demolished in turn, but its height, at least, is in harmony with that of the neighbouring buildings. This one just doesn't make sense.

On a more positive note, the design looks alright. Not amazing, but it'll do. The times of atrocious student builds seem further and further away, thankfully.

·
quacked
2,294 Posts
*People need jobs, and a city that provides for them as much as it does to it's temporary residents

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
It’s probably more sustainable/practical that new student housing is being built in the city centre and new private housing is being built in West Bridgford.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now I believe we have more student developments and bed spaces planned than Manchester. Manc had a major student boom prior to the crash and has now come up on top, student is now starting to make a comeback there again now.

I've known about this site since September last year, and there are still a few more developments to come.

·
Kolymaaa
3,456 Posts
Not all that convinced by this. It'd be nice if anything built there had pedestrian access to the canal side. It seems hugely underutilised considering it's slap bang in the centre of Notts. It would create thoroughfare from the court area to the station that did not involve, for the most part, Station Street.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I have been very critical of the buildings being lost to the office development - but replacing the job centre with this beauty has totally won me over!

It's true, the canalside really ought to be brought into play, and it's not clear from these renders whether or not it will be. But either way station Street looks bloody good now!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Sean Atkins and Bildurn Properties are now the virtual sole purveyors of architecture quality in this city. Another top quality scheme which just builds upon their tremendous portfolio over the past 15 years. In my opinion they should have ultimate sign off for any major architectural scheme in the city centre and those bloody useless city planners should be forced to defer to them for judgement before giving any consent!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great design. Amazing brickwork. Fantastic proportions.

Looking forward to this actually getting built.

Let's hope the planning people dont say it is too tall as they usually do... arg

1 - 20 of 133 Posts