SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Height - 25m / 82ft

Floors - 4 - 8

Space - 593 residential units (420 student + 177 PRS)

Use - Retail + Student + Residential

Architects - Stephenson Studio

Developer - Sheriff Way Nottingham Ltd

Planning Application Submitted

• Student apartments in the west block
  • PRS in the east block
  • Retail units will flank Carrington Street

The Site

Renders

Massing Models & Diagrams

Interactive Development Map

You can view as to where the development is on my Nottingham Interactive Development Map:

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My main gripe are the blank walls at ground level on the corners, I understand these are the cores but I'm sure something can be addressed about these.

With this development, Saffron Court (currently U/C) and the Laceworks which will be starting shortly, this will bring an additional 1165 units to this area alone. 642 being student and 527 being PRS.

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Height - 25m / 82ft

Floors - 4 - 8

Space - 569 residential units (420 student + 149 PRS)

Use - Retail + Student + Residential

Architects - Stephenson Studio

Developer - Sheriff Way Nottingham Ltd

Recommended Approval For Next Week - Amendments to Design

The PRS residential side fronting Crocus Street has since been reduced to 6 floors from 8 meaning a reduction in PRS units to 149. The 8 storey student block remains mostly unchanged bar a few minor tweaks here and there.

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
NOTTINGHAM | Arkwright Street | 4 - 13 Floors | 40m | Pro

Height - 40m / 131ft

Floors - 4 - 13

Space - 320 PRS residential units

Use - Residential + Commercial

Architects - Maber

Developer - Cassidy Group

Expected Start Date - Autumn 2020

Planning Application Submitted

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
In all fairness, I guess you could say a lot of developments without balconies are taking the more 'Amsterdam approach', whereby private gardens and spaces aren't as desired, but nearby parks and public spaces are.

With this, there's an internal landscaped courtyard, you also have the Queens Walk Park adjacent and the new hardscaped square next to where Crocus Place will be, the Victoria Embankment just a short walk away, and the canal side just up the road.

Balconies are desirable and welcome, but they're not the be all end all.

Also I would love to see a resident-only roof terrace atop the tower, its design is crying out for one!

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
I do like this development but the fact that there is no thoroughfare through the middle is somewhat concerning, it could be another Broadmarsh wall being built, and instead of reconnecting the Meadows, it could be making it even more difficult to traverse
The difference between this and the Broadmarsh is that this site doesn't block any routes or thoroughfares, adding a cut through here was cut out due to the potential in anti-social activity and the creation of a potential rat-run. Having a cut through here would also mean you'd have to divert around the The Triangle site anyway.

To me, it wouldn't make much sense when the surrounding street pattern already forms around the site in a linear and direct fashion, with all routes leading to the same junction outside the train station, and this development only enhances it further.

· Registered
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
According to the construction management plan, they're going to build the approved plans from the planning application back in 2018, being a mix of PRS and student accommodation. However the drawings and plans submitted show the 2019 version (with the 12 storey tower element). So the plans contradict one another.

2018 PRS & student plans:

2019 PRS plans:

More than likely will be the 2018 plans to be built out, but I have my fingers crossed still for the 2019 version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.