SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Davie
920 Posts
The below are two of the less glamorous renders of this development, but I wanted to post them to highlight the impact I think this will have in the grand scheme of "Southside".

I grew in Northamptonshire and currently when you leave Nottingham station and turn your head slightly to the left i get strong Kettering vibes, and that's doing a discredit to Kettering.

Unity Square is clearly making a difference, and so will this:

Now imagine, in the almost immediate vicinity, Unity Square Phase 2, Crocus Place, 2 Queens Road, and the re-dev of the public realm and Carrington St.

+ the large triangle site which we're waiting on new for.

Now imagine driving down Waterway Way St, Sheriffs Way and onto Queens Road and seeing all of the above developments plus Vantage, Sentinel, Traffic Road, Network Rail Site + the tower on the London Rd corner with the Island Development density just over the road.

It remains to be seen how much of the above actually takes place but it will make such a difference to the city if all built.

Attachments

· Davie
920 Posts
Yep, the developer is Cassidy Group who built Saffron Court nearby. They're also behind Chainey Place, the new York House site and the massive student proposal Deakins Place.

With perhaps the exception of York House, which i'm waiting to see for myself how it turns out, they're all solid developments particularly this and Chainey Place: London Road | Cassidy Group

They like that curved brick wall!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.