Use - Residential/Student + Retail

Architects - Whittam Cox Architects

Developer - Telereal Trillium

PLANNING APP SUBMITTED

The Site

Renders

Massing

Interactive Development Map

You can view as to where the development is on my Nottingham Interactive Development Map:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Pretty clumsily handled design, I'm surprised they didn't drag it through the Design Review Panel to make it better. Feels quite lumpy and ungainly with narrow windows and several slightly too large expanses of brickwork which seem overbearing given the blue brick used.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
It's not exactly supreme quality, but you've got to applaud schemes like these in this sort of area. What else, besides the student market, could bring such a scheme to such an unloved corner of the city?

This is essentially in St. Anns, but once built this will likely be well let, bring life and animation to the street with people coming and going. Very positive, and I'd be delighted to see lots more of these bland but smart buildings all over the city.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like a section 106 agreement has been signed on this, between the developers, Barclays (assuming they're funding the build) and the city council. Hopefully this means the development is going to happen

Currently it's a surface car park. Great location for student flats though, being so close to the city centre.

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts