SkyscraperCity banner

4461 - 4480 of 6517 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
^^sounds good! glad to hear more stuff about using the caves, should bring in some tourists!

Also on my way to town earlier there were builders putting a wall up and have put together a few portakabins on the site where this will be built:

So looks like more construction for the next year then, even if it is only a small project!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
There seems to be some large scale clearing and digging happening at the site for the college proposal on Canal Street- anyone know what is happening?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Its a good point but I think the city council is still investing in the current site. I think the Guildhall would make an amazing central library though. Sadly the county council seem to have more vision than Nottingham CC when it comes to libraries, the new West Bridgford one is excellent.
This would be amazing. In years gone by councils/cities took pride in building grand municipal buildings, and this type of library would have been commonplace. Yet now, it seems inconceivable that a building like this would be brought into public use, which is really depressing.

A private hotel is likely, to be used only by those with the wealth to frequent it, not for the use of the people. Still, a nice dream.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think this is a great idea, all major buildings and structures should be lit up at night :) Central London now looks amazing by night these days....

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Nice idea apart although just imagine if someone like Eon comes along and sponsors it. "Eon Trent Bridge" splash across the centre of it.. That'll probably be the final nail in the coffin for me and this country!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Good call on the Newton building, it would look amazing lit, as would most buildings in this area, Concert Hall, Guildhall, Cornerhouse etc.

What about all the buildings on Maid Marion Way, light them all in different colours and I think it would make the road look really good by night...

4461 - 4480 of 6517 Posts