SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NOTTINGHAM | Never made it off the drawing board

4983 Views 31 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  kevjs1982
Here's a range of developments which have never made it off the drawing board (so far), some a shame, some a near miss... What do you reckon?

See less See more
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
The medipark and portal developments will happen, they are spending abit on the decontamination of the medipark land, the portal business park will happen, potential tenants are probably waiting for the tram works to finish.
Sherwood, whats the 7th picture?
All of these are pretty cool except for the Victoria Centre extension. I really like the render of the student flats on Maid Marion Way adjacent to Park Plaza - this makes what's currently being built appear rather cheap and tacky.
Not all of these are cancelled are they? I thought the odd shaped ones next to the QMC are still on in the pipeline?
Not all of these are cancelled are they? I thought the odd shaped ones next to the QMC are still on in the pipeline?
Indeed they still are. Will be exciting and good to look at when built. They are designed as stem cells that regenerate
-The Meadows Gateway isn't exactly 'dead', desptie the owners of it not exactly doing well?

-Those organic shape buildings by QMC has been revived as well, seeing as the government is granting a large sum of money to decontaminate the land and stuff; it is said that the first block could be built within 2 years!

-The Portal isn't dead, probably just lacking tenants right now

-The Sentinel is probably in the same position; there's still posters displaying the renders of the proposals around the site

-The castle development might not be dead either

However, it's a shame that the Chek Whyte skyscraper was never built, same with the waterside developments and possibly the Broadmarsh

I'm not sure about the Eastside mega project, as I find something so large may appear stale in a few years time as it would've all look sort of the same being such a large master plan; I'd rather see a more natural approach in the developing of the land where multiple developers develop separate plots of land.
See less See more
Could you please add a line above each one with a description and/or location? I don't know what/where half of them are! :(
Sherwood, whats the 7th picture?
It stands in the same place as the Cornerhouse (you can see the Guildhall around it so presumably it was another proposal).

But what is this?

See less See more
What's this?
It's a sandcrawler, used by Jawas as a mobile base.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sandcrawler
Oh man, how good would this be? What are the chances of this happening?
Oh man, how good would this be? What are the chances of this happening?
Maybe not that EXACT proposal, but a development on this site is likely; this document says the site will be available from 2017-18 once Central College build their new campus on canal street; read here:

http://ie.caldes.com/property_images/6007/Maid_Marian_Way_Nottingham.pdf

The scaling is great, it's big; but respects the castle perfectly. it also adds to the dense big-city feel road of Maid Marian Way; the buildings rose up to 30m tall

See less See more
I prefer the one where you can see Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem as well.
Medi Park may well be happening, but the chances of it looking like that are slim to none
Picture 7 was the original Cornerhouse proposal. It was much better than the 'cheaper' scheme that was eventually built - still I remain a big fan of the Cornerhouse though :)

The apartment/boats image was the Trent Basin proposal.

The Star Wars thing is the Ozone which was proposed on the Trent Embankment a few years back.

I did miss off Unity Square which is finally happening and is one of the best 'still on paper' proposals :)

Couldn't find those plans that Lace Market Properties had for other schemes like the Litmus building (which is surely the most attractive apartment block in the city) ?
Reactions: 1
Litmus building is starting to look rather bad, with the concrete all messed up with stains etc
Medi Park may well be happening, but the chances of it looking like that are slim to none
Im confident they will stick with those designs. Reason being that the buildings are bot massive, theres 6 of them, each one will cost around £5-£10 million.
the two 'out of town' proposals for a new nffc stadium are definitely lucky escapes. time will tell whether the al-hasawi's have the cash or the will to build us a new home, but if they do i hope and pray it'll be on the present site or, at a push, even closer to the city centre.

out of town stadiums are a rubbish idea.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.