SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,645 Posts
I think the club's line has changed more recently. Yes, you're right, for years what you say was the official line. there was even a model of how a redeveloped City Ground might look in the club's Ticket office, with a stand mirroring the Main Stand.

However, my understanding now (and I'm searching for where I read/heard it) is that redeveloping the City Ground is no longer on the agenda. Even the Brian Clough Stand is thirty years old or so now, and wouldn't be built under H&S regulations today - aisles too narrow, gradients too steep, seats too close together. There's not a lot of room for the level of facilities for both spectators and staff that are expected these days.

The last I heard was that the club would try and press on with a new stadium, away from the City Ground, even without the World Cup, although it might not have as many bells and whistles if FIFA don't pick England. The other whisper I heard was that the club (and the city) is not quite as committed to Gamston as they had to pretend to be in order to be included in the FA bid...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.