SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,995 Posts
I think its all pie in the sky at the moment. I can't see it happening and i just think its a ploy to get the world cup to nottingham.. Now County have new owners i would think they'd be rubbing there hands together if Forest did move to a new stadium outside the city as county would then surely be known as the City club and attract some more fans who can't be arsed to drive or get the bus to the arse end of nowhere..

· Registered
3,995 Posts
if only that were true. the city ground is horribly outdated. it's disjointed, the concourses are too cramped, the acoustics are poor in most of the stadium, the 'commercial' facilities aren't great, and the site is too cramped to allow for much to be done the capacity.

it's an absolutely brilliant site - great for transport and amenities, and easily the most scenic ground in england. what we really need to do is knock it down, along with some of the surrounding buildings, and put a modern stadium up on that site. alas, that's never going to happen.
I agree that the site is perfect and great for transport, local amenities surroundings etc. I don't really agree the ground is horribly outdated.. The BC stand has quite cramped concourses and the main stand obviously needs rebuilding. Any new stand will incorporate new commercial facilities anyway. I would suggest that a new main stand, renovating the BC stand and continuing the second tier of the Bridgeford will give us a great stadium, ready for the world cup, and not saddled with huge debt and a bland out of town stadium..

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Article by forest chairman ND. Towards the end the world cup bid/new/redeveloped stadium topic is discussed. Pretty positive reading really. I get the feeling that if we get a new ground it could be pretty tasty although i think he prefers the redveloped city ground option (although he won't say this as he's trying to get money out of the council to pay for it). There is no way that a new 50,000 seat stadium in nottingham could be financially viable so it looks as though Forest & the Council will be playing a little be of poker over the coming months.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...757354,00.html

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Did anyone watch the Bristol City v West Brom match yesterday.. According to Gaby Yorath Bristol & The New Anfiled will be the only new world cup grounds... Love where they get their facts from...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.