SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Novi Sad - New seedling, newly planted, etc.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Anyways.. very nice. I wish Sarajevo had a river like that so we could have bridges like that.

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
New Orchard/planting...wow, never thought of it that way.
I guess that IS what it means, since Novi Sad is the youngest city in Serbia & Montenegro.

In english, you can also call it "New Now", as "sad" also means now:D

Thank you Mila for the photos:)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Always will be my favourite in Serbia and Montenegro. Petrovaradin is one of my favourite places anywhere. Just wow.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with Konia - the illuminations are amazing. In Sarajevo, many important and historical buildings are illuminated - Bey's Mosque in a soft, blueish light - the Cathedral of Jesus' Heart in a soft orange light, the Vijecnica in a harsher orange light...but it's complete, just WHAM: Flood lights on the buildings. I think Novi Sad has taken this and just made it an art form. Not only is it surely easier on electricity, but it's just beautiful beyond words. It's like...an architecture of light - a whole new building. I hope they incorporate that here in Sarajevo, and stop over-doing it this way:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Novi Sad is great, and thank you for this pictures Mila.

Some things that'll happen there:
-EXIT'05 fest this summer - the headliners list isn't completed yet, but we expect some great concerts
-EUROBASKET group stage - Novi Sad is hosting the group where SCG plays, and there are also Spain, Latvia and one more qualifier shall be known later.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,358 Posts
Novi Sad is very beautiful but its TOO small. It's katedrala, gradska kuca, katedrala, gradska kuca, katedrala, gradska kuca, katedrala, gradska kuca, petrovaradin, katedrala, gradska kuca, katedrala, gradska kuca, sinagoga, katedrala, gradska kuca...
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts