SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you guys get this over in Aus, but was watching ITV last night and saw a really cool advert for Sure Deodorant for Men, basically it had some guy running around, but it was all shot in Sydney.

The first bit was shot around the Port Communications Tower and the 'Palisade?' hotel on the top, had a breif shot of the CBD in the background, then it went to an inverted shot with the E&Y building in Darling Harbour, and what must have been some cranes on KENS.

There were some random street shots, but one interesting one was showing the Sydney Tower, but for some unknown reason, they had digitally changed the tower to look more like a 'top hat', was still the same colour but the turret was really compressed and the water-tower bit really stretched (but it was so obvious it was Sydney Tower).

Wish i had the equip. to get some screen grabs, you lot would have loved it!

Actually Sydney is being used a lot in many adverts, esp. over here, recently we've had a Peguot Advert with the harbour bridge in it, and the current Fosters ad shows the Sydney skyline.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Was watching CNN yesterday and an ad for HP came up. To my amazement they actually feature Chifley! Its been modified but its def it. They have just extended the curvy glass on the eastern facade all the way down.
I really never thought Sydney's skyline was so heavily used, but the more i see of these threads and the HP ad i see that i was wrong.

BTW: Hope the saints don't go down...

LIVERPOOL FC -You'll never walk alone.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I saw that add yesterday and im like "Oh thats Sydney". For some reason they completely wrecked centrepoint, i mean if they wanted it to look like no particular city then digitally remove the tower cause wat they have done to it just looks really bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its great for finding song off sidney TV adverts, from even years ago, if you can remember the brand your advert was advertising, for example if it was for a nokia phone you would search for nokia.
see more adverts in : http://www.adverts.pk/

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Seeing adds for some car with skyline pic behind ? Yeah, I know it is Sydney backwards ? but the signs are reversed...don't get it but I wont buy the car anyhow...

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Okay maybe not an add but Sydney centric ABC news is worried about painting the Harbour Bridge...I knew when Paul Hogan went to movies they were in trouble ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts