·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time for new thread
first thread>
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=21872

posted by Brizer today>

Wed 26 Apr SMH p13 Our Liz is weilding a swingeing pen and a tart tongue on Pitt Street Mall et al. She's not too impressed by the motivations involved in most aspects of the Westfield redevelopment.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
*tsk* What is that wacky 'n zaney Liz up to now?!? :nuts:

I just had to carry over the renders, models & cross-sections for convenience sake...

Courtesy CULWULLA:

Courtesy of James Saito:

c/- christarrant & the S.M.H.:

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx muse.
it goes up to CSPC in next 2 weeks for an ongoing approval process that good take months.

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the council are trying to convince westfield to move the tower more towards Castlereagh st by 10m and cut some of the south/west cnr off to allow the full tower to be seen from pitt st mall/king st. hopefully the final DA will be finalized soon.

·
Jacaranda Images
1,043 Posts
If they moved the tower 10m east, it'll effect the glass roofed atrium that is featured in the 3rd of 4th pics of the renders above.

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^correct. Thats another issue. The atrium is in the wrong place. No sun will get to it being shielded not only by its own tower but also the 100m Skygarden adjacent.So a much better spot is in front of the towers west face facing the mall. More appropriate spot considering the amount of sunshine it will get!

·
Here
6,589 Posts
*always scared when Westfield proposes towers* ... I still look at the old Westfield building on William Street and remember what they originally wanted to do with the Westfield tower block they were creating :p

Reminding me of which will Westfield move their offices into this new tower and will that mean that we will have a bright large ugly Westfield red logo beaming from the East and West every evening?

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Looks interesting. I guess we can only wait and see. :)

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
The plan was for pretty much the same tacky design involving 2 buildings repeated 2 more times - this is from memory so don't attack if a detail or two is wrong - I think one of the buildings was a bit taller than the current office tower. Age has not made the Westfield buildings any prettier, it's just that we have got used to them. Take a close look and imagine what a nightmare it would be to have multiples of that!

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
BTW To jog memories or for those that didn't know, here are the massing models that includes the 2 "bookmark" towers posted by CULWULLA in February 2003. They were both to be 105m above ground to roof and since cancelled. The taller tower was only going to be 133m instead of the now 150m and was slender.

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ the tall one was going to be 180m.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
CULWULLA said:
the council are trying to convince westfield to move the tower more towards Castlereagh st by 10m and cut some of the south/west cnr off to allow the full tower to be seen from pitt st mall/king st. hopefully the final DA will be finalized soon.
Hey Cul, by moving it 10m up the hill toward Castlereagh St, does the RL change for the tower i.e go up another couple of metres !!! :)

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually, the height might come down.the RL at castlereach st is 21m compared to Rl18m at pitt st mall. so might be under 150m. but who knows. they might be able to leave tower where it is but just slim it up a bit.

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
miliux must be blind.lol
just on this project. it went to a meeting the otherday. still trying to agree on tower location.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Thanks finding this thread. haha.
Can you delete that other thread?

Anyways, i wish this tower is just 30m taller. Any taller and will distract the look of the Centrepoint Tower. (the original Westfield Tower). 180m will be a great height filler between Citigroup Tower and Centrepoint.

1 - 20 of 2461 Posts