SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just some old and new highrise projects selling in darwin.
heres the 15storey/45m PINNACLE which is now selling. compeltion set for June2005/

twin 11storey towers- SYNERGY SQUARE UC

there are many 6-10storeys towers scattered around town,

Chelsea

Darwins tallest structure- Ch8 TV tower-72m.

many thanks to realestate dot com.

·
i've changed my mind
3,771 Posts
yay 20 high rise buildings according to emporis!! not too bad at all.

Tallest completed is Marrakai Apartments at 58m and 16 stories

Tallest under construction is 20 Carey Street at 61m and 20 stories

Tallest Proposed is Sunbuild Tower at 95m and 33 stories!

Exciting stuff.

·
i've changed my mind
3,771 Posts
http://www.abc.net.au/nt/summer/news/200402/s1038927.htm

Martin gives thumbs up to Darwin tower
Thursday, 5 February 2004

The Northern Territory Chief Minister has indicated she has no objections to a planned 30-storey apartment building in Darwin's CBD, provided it is approved by the Development Consent Authority.

The Darwin company Sunbuild wants to build the 108-unit tower in the city's McMinn street.

It would be the tallest building in the area.

Clare Martin says the large project is a sign of confidence in the local economy.

"We're gradually seeing a CBD where the buildings are getting higher," she said.

"When I first came here 20 years ago there were very few tall buildings.

"Those buildings are increasing and I'm yet to meet anyone much who says they don't like it.

"I think it really establishes Darwin as a city and is something we can really be proud of."

EDIT : Sunbuild are the contractors that built the NT passenger terminal for the adelaide to darwin trainservice... dont know anything else about them

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow 30storeys. excellent. by the way the 20 carey st isnt uc. i talked to arcs a little while back and they said it wont start anytime soon. but its great how locals are adapting to highrise.future looks bright

·
6,399 Posts
Wow so this is really serious - they've got a website and a sales office

Views from "a crane" equivalent to level 23. So there's already a crane on site? - its not approved yet is it.

Looks alright - a worthy design for northern Australia's tallest i reckon. Love the name too - very clever. And 99m sounds better for 33s - allows for 3m floor to floor. Looks as if the podium is 5 storeys.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
wow it surpasses townsville now i think about it.
WIll townsville take the title back?

·
6,399 Posts
Just found the other thread in main forum. oh well.

Malt - Townsville won't tale the title back for a long time IMO. Certainly nothing above 23 storeys planned at the moment.

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oriolus- there are plans on the website. the podium is 4 levels. the resi floors are just under 3m per floor @ 2.85m.the penthouses are higher at 3.5m per floor.

·
6,399 Posts
So Cul is there any laws as to what minimum floor height must be. In the Darwin projects thread
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=2200021&highlight=floor#post2200021
Finn said:

finn said:
BCA (Building Code of Australia) stipulates required residential floor-to-floor height of no less than 3m, so that would make it 99m, but the ground floor at least is usually taller (~4m), which would make it 100m. I would presume there to be an LMR of at least 2-3 metres, so a structure like this would probably be just over 100m. Any significant roof feature or a couple of levels of office/retail space at the base (BCA minimum office floor-to-floor is 4m) could push it higher quite easily.
But I've seen exceptions in various developments

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
years ago, the min height for floor to ceiling was 2.4m or 2.6m floor to floor. these days min is 2.7m floor to ceiling or 2.85m floor to floor.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Malt said:
its a cross between Skyline and Felix
Lol, I never really noticed it like that but yeah, you're right, its a cross between the two. The only difference being, not as tall as both.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Her's another render off the site.

Apparantly the building had been wind tunnel tested and engineered to the highest Australian design standards, inclusive of cyclonic and earthquake conditions

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
view of current tallest in darwin

uc
9storey
32 maclachlin st

8storey
44 maclachlin st

Buffalo Court

Mirage