SkyscraperCity banner

1181 - 1200 of 1206 Posts

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
This mall has some design flaws, but they should thank God for its location being adjoined to KL's main railway station, it cannot fail. I think they slacked on how to sell the mall better because they thought they were in a very good position. Went there during a weekday lunch and all the restaurants on the top floor are full with office workers and students.

But cheapo shiny tiles, no proper signage, very smelly toilets, and eateries on the top floor instead of the 'transit floor' at level 1 & 2 are its setbacks. It also didn't cleverly use the frontage to Jalan Tun Sambantahan well, we get a enclosed zinc box now, with four empty glass boxes. If retail space or corridors were opened there like the Taiwanese malls, it would be damn great. Also the hideous Maradonna watch shop isn't open last time I checked last month.

But I give credit when due. Thanks to its location, it has had a pretty good (though conventional) tenant mix, and the link bridge to KL Sentral proper was tastefully done. There's also a nice rooftop garden though it hasn't opened yet.

All in all, I hope to see them correct their mistakes to make the mall better, and to make shoppers more satisfied.
Retail consultants purposely put F&B at the top floor, if not the top floor rental will die with no yield.

So at least, they try to bring some people across the many floors when going up to eat (not sure if this is successful but on theory yes).

The huge traffic in Nu Sentral is still not "converted" into money/business for most of the product retailers. But the "on-the-go" and F&B are doing well.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Retail consultants purposely put F&B at the top floor, if not the top floor rental will die with no yield.

So at least, they try to bring some people across the many floors when going up to eat (not sure if this is successful but on theory yes).

The huge traffic in Nu Sentral is still not "converted" into money/business for most of the product retailers. But the "on-the-go" and F&B are doing well.
Yeah I geddit, but it does seem abit cumbersome and weird.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It didn't feel hot when I was there last December?

Is there problems with the air con?
Im talking specifically about this escalator only if you got me wrong, aussiejohn. There were ventilation fans there but the structure does not have any vents for the hot air to escape.:cheers:

·
Bourgandy
1,501 Posts
Im talking specifically about this escalator only if you got me wrong, aussiejohn. There were ventilation fans there but the structure does not have any vents for the hot air to escape.:cheers:
Did they install those "V-Kook" laminates that blocks UV heat and all from above? (Glass).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry, I only spent time in the shopping area, I didn't go up the escalators to the higher floors. Only other times I was there was when I arrived in KL, and when I departed, as I was using the Monorail and the KLIA Express.

Really love being able to access the monorail so easily now. Makes the journey from airport to hotel in Bukit Bintang so much better, specially in the hot, humid weather!

1181 - 1200 of 1206 Posts