SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NXN APARTMENTS | 8 Kingsland Terrace, Kingsland | Completed

15K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Goats in Trees 
#1 ·
NXN

Comprising 80 living contemporary spaces, the complex will be far removed in style from the high rise apartment buildings in the city. N X N will be visually stimulating, socially aware and celebrate the differences between people, as well as the way buildings create communities.

Construction is expected to start in Spring 2016, with completion anticipated for 2018.

nxnkingsland

See less See more
#2 ·
Woah, that's huge. Well compared to what is currently there anyway, it's quite an increase in density and impact on the park. I assume they won't have any issues with removing the six or so buildings on the site? (I guess they're not quite old enough to be classed as heritage). Actually, looking at the map, how big is the site, how many buildings is it replacing? Looks like it could be quite a few. Glad to see more intensification around this park, I like it.

#7 ·
It looks like the land was owned by the "Framework trust" a mental health service provider, they also looks like the own/owned the two villas across the road

http://truecommercial.nzherald.co.n...s-with-good-bones-for-commercial-development/

They have relocated to Otahuhu,
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/new-auckland-premises-framework-trust

While the densification is good, the decamping of non-profits and community groups further and further out into the suburbs is probably not that great....

#28 ·
Agree this looks great but it really bothers me how they left this corner unfinished. Exposed piles and cap, no planting or proper grading, sidewalk ends at the driveway rather then continuing on to connect with Bond street. Seems like just a small amount more effort would go a long way. I guess everyone has that weird forgotten corner of their property though.

Many interiors are still under construction though so maybe it’s not actually complete yet.

#29 ·
I worked on the civils for a building at Unitec once - the architect AND the structural engineers had designed it as though the site was completely level - turned out there was over a 2m drop from one corner to the other and one side of the building stuck out of the ground in a very similar way to this. Wonder if something similar happened here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.