Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
User
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we're all NY fans here, what skyscraper or NY books do you own?

I have this one, World Trade Center Remembered, it shows big colorful photos of the WTC's life...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really like a book called The Chrysler Buldng : Creating a New York Icon, Day by Day

Basically a series of full page photo's of 150 pages charting the construction of the Chrysler Building, and then a few photo's from inside.

·
Registered
929 Posts
A great book not just about New York, but all of the great cities of the USA, is Cities from the Sky. It features New York in her architectural prime.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts

also have...

new york in color, a book i got when i was little (late 70's). a bit dated but still pretty cool. amuzing to see that when it mentions the twin towers, they are mentioned as being "brand new".

also have new york; a picture memory...a cheapo i bought from a clearance shelf at BN

·
visit the world
8,145 Posts
let see what I got....

Manhattan Skyscrapers
and New York from the Air (an architectural heritage)

that first one I bought it at a bargain in the Metropolitan museum for $15 or something around that price. I was actually shocked since books here in the netherlands are most of the time pretty expensive. Manhattan Skyscrapers here would easely cost something like $30-40...

oops forgot one book....

New York vertical (also got tha calender).

34,936 Posts
A must have for all you: Delirious New York by Rem Koolhaas. I saw it @ Barnes & Nobles last week for $30 or $40 dollar or something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts