Heading sout brings us into the hood known as Murray Hill. It goes from Booth Memorial to Bayside Aves between Parsons Blvd and Utopia Pkwy with a bit of Northern Blvd (NY 25A), Auburndale Ln, and Fresh Meadow Ln. This hood is mostly residential. It was first settled in 1643 by the Dutch West India Co, who purchased the land from the Matinecoc Indians and called it Vlissingen after a town in SW Nethernlands. The British decided to call it Flushing after how they normal called back where they lived. In 1790, Joseph Doughtry constructed a farmouse for his son-in-law Joseph King. The Murray family wound up buying the property and the rest of East Flushing giving it the name Murray Hill, which was the same family who lived in Manhattan with that same name. Samuel Parsons was a known horticutlurists and had his gardens in what is now Kissena Pk. In 1866, the Flushing and Northside RR placed a station at Broadway to allow for service to Pt Washington. In 1873, the tracks for the Central RR of LI were made to provide rail service for passengers all the way to Bethpage, Hempstead Plains, and Garden City, but it was ended in 1879. In 1889, the LIRR bought the Flushing & Northside RR, and placed a station for Murray Hill. In 1913, it was decided that the tracks were going to be placed down for the Murray Hill Station, though the tracks for the Broadway Station were placed up in 1912. Much of the developement in this area came after the LIRR arrived. It wasn't until the postwar era that Murray Hill got its own identity from Flushing, though many claimed that it was suburb of it before both were part of NYC. Some say the reason it is mentioned by name a lot, except in the area, is b/c it might confuse people with the Murray Hill in Manhattan, which is known for having the JP Morgan Library. You can get here by taking the Portwashington Branch of the LIRR to either Murray Hill or Broadway. Here is what you will find in Murray Hill.