Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tomorrow morning me and my buddy are off to the big apple! :cheers: One and a half week at the Millennium UN plaza! (Anyone been there before?)

Anyway, see ya in a couple of weeks fellas! :banana:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I was there in -98. The greatest city in the World (as Letterman says)! I also visited the WTC, and I liked them a lot, but I cant help feeling sick thinking back on the two towers......

·
forumer #29
4,877 Posts
Millenium UN Plaza? Swanky! :)

When I was there we staid at a real cheap hotel at Broome & Bowery.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! :)
@Swede: Yeah, trying to get the budget for this trip approved by my girlfriend wasn't easy :)

It really is the greatest city in the world, hands down! You never get tired of just walking around. This is my second time here and it only keeps getting better!

We got a room at the 38th floor, overlooking the city. Here are a couple of shots from our room:

Stay tuned, more coomin' up! :)

·
forumer #29
4,877 Posts

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
^^ That'd be 45th Street (can see my hotel on 47th two blocks north of it ;))

@AW: Hope you enjoyed NYC, which I'm sure you are! LOVE the views from the hotel, can't wait to see more :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

^View from "Top of the rock", amazing!

^ As above.

^ Central park on a very, very hot day (30 degrees C and high humidity)

^ Inside the Times Warner mall. Very fancy btw!

^You all know that one :)

^Very cool sculpture in... I can't remember the parks' name. I should've gone closer, but it was hot and we just wanted to get home to the cool hotel room.

And a couple of other shots:

^Yum! :)

^The internet cafe-cat

And last but not least, "America runs on dunkin'":

I'll upload some more soon. :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks :) Some more (sorry about the size, I blame my friend for that):

^ Our hotel. And what a hotel it was! Excellent service, very clean and a nice location

^ Too bad bad we didn't have a better camera for the night shots

^ Downtown

^ I hate it when you can't hold the camera straight, but what the hell.. :) You can see the Bank of America tower U/C, if you didn't already know that.

^ The Times Warner twin towers I like! A perfect location right next to the park.

^ "Our" deli. I loooove the delis on manhattan, they have everything you need and are open late into the night.

^ View from the hotel room again, looking south.

^ The beloved hotel pool. Very nice!

^ Man.. I already miss that place :eek:hno:

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Awesome! That hotel must have costed quite a lot, but NYC in May... mmm, it gives me good warm feelings.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Awesome! That hotel must have costed quite a lot, but NYC in May... mmm, it gives me good warm feelings.
15k SEK for 8 nights (split in two), which is a very reasonable price for a hotel of that quality IMO. Sure you can find much cheaper places to live, but I don't know.. I prefer to save up for a while and then just live life to the fullest the few days you can afford. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts