SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
yeah, if you look past the crime and the decay, new york certainly did have an unsusual culture back then.

·
Registered
208 Posts
fargo2nyc said:
I found this article, I thought it was pretty good my self. I always think about NYC 1970 and how I would of love to live there

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/dhenninger/?id=110006131
i doubt you would have enjoyed here for a very long period in the seventies. it was hellish....fascinating but hellish. glad i got a chace to experience it for a bit as a kid and teenager. i miss the energy - and thats about it.

bought my first fake id in 1988 in times square....back when you could do that.

god i'm old :(

·
Registered
929 Posts
Golden Age? No. 1920's were. Anyone denying that needs to open their eyes. New York was at the top of her game.

I believe things like these come in stages. After the twenties, people began saying it was the demise of the city's culture. Well, then the 60's and 70's came along, and there was an explosion of creativity. Well, that died down, but I believe we are on the eve of the next explosion. Just look at the buildings were putting up!

I also think London is becoming a center of creativity once again, after being dormant for quite sometime. (1960's)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts