SkyscraperCity banner

1481 - 1500 of 1879 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Although, being the Nat candidate in Palmy is hiding to nothing thou...

Its been a Labour seat for pretty much forever, (Maharey had it for 18 years, and Lees-Galloway has been there 11)

Even when a former Mayor tried to get elected he still couldn't do it....

The chance of turning this seat blue is 0...
Is that relevant? He has apparently pushed aside candidates who are better qualified.

"Wood defeated National's 2017 candidate Adrienne Pierce, newcomer Ava Neal, and sitting National MP Jo Hayes to secure the party's nomination."

Given a few years he may indeed become a good candidate but frankly this is just a little premature. This is a kick in the teeth for the others.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Liebor youth only any good for hands down other peoples pants, anyone able to enlighten us all on the court case out come?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Member of PM's staff who finger raped at staffer for 20 min and PM never knew of it.

Certain Liebor cabinet minster in Hataitai , male Liebor MP and a young naked man running down the street in the middle of the night.

Your turn i believe.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
From the ridiculous to the ....even more ridiculous!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/117668485/national-selects-17yearold-william-wood-as-palmerston-north-candidate-for-2020-election

And a comment that basically covers it

spudman
An absolute agist joke. What skills, life experience does he bring to the table?
Let’s talk mortgages? Never had one.
Let’s talk wages? Never earned one.
Let’s talk gambling reform? Never laid one.
Let’s talk family/spousal abuse? Never had one.
Let’s talk superannuation/pension? No idea, and it’s 50years down the track.
Let’s talk education? Never been to uni.
Let’s talk industrial relations? Never had a job or bargained with an employer.
At 17 he’s a career “diplomat”, looking to jump on the gravy train. Can’t blame him for that, but it’s ridiculous to think he offers anything other than being young.
Not a lot different to the career path of our PM. She never had a job outside the chip shop and politics.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not a lot different to the career path of our PM. She never had a job outside the chip shop and politics.
She had a wee bit more experience than leaving school with School Cert or whatever the boy has. Has he started to shave yet?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Member of PM's staff who finger raped at staffer for 20 min and PM never knew of it.

Certain Liebor cabinet minster in Hataitai , male Liebor MP and a young naked man running down the street in the middle of the night.

Your turn i believe.
What are you smoking?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Don't worry about Rob, he spends all day on the internet trolling forums and banging his big Blue Drum. Sadly people who come here to talk about buildings or for borderline intelligent conversation have to listen to this guy incoherently put together sentences..looks like there will be another 4 years of it as well with recently polling.

If only he put all this energy into actually trying to make a difference for his chosen political party, getting out there and making a doing something,instead of writing on this forum and shouting at his Radio whilst listening to Newstalk.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Don't worry about Rob, he spends all day on the internet trolling forums and banging his big Blue Drum. Sadly people who come here to talk about buildings or for borderline intelligent conversation have to listen to this guy incoherently put together sentences..looks like there will be another 4 years of it as well with recently polling.

If only he put all this energy into actually trying to make a difference for his chosen political party, getting out there and making a doing something,instead of writing on this forum and shouting at his Radio whilst listening to Newstalk.
Duh
It takes a troll to know a troll. And you are obviously a member in good standing of the Big Blue Losers Troll Club. (National lost!)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

No surprises in the Stuff poll timing or the result. Lets wait till the real polls come out.

But i fear your right, the poll which really counts next November will return a Labour / Greens government.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Well those jobs you are talking about involved advising Governments.
How did they wrap you?
How do you get the experience to advise govt when you have no experience of life outside the political spectrum? Career politicians are the worst kind.

·
Registered
818 Posts
How do you get the experience to advise govt when you have no experience of life outside the political spectrum? Career politicians are the worst kind.
Better a professional politician than a clown like Trump surely?

Ardern was better qualified than a wet behind the ears kid whose last "job" was probably being caddy for daddy. Personally I was doubtful about her at the start but she has done rather well. I admit I got that wrong. Ardern also spent time in the UK so she has a bit of world nous as well.

He should either-go to university or get out into the real world before getting into the House. All he is qualified for is carrying Simon's golf bags or fetching tea.

Hopefully he would at least have continued part time at uni but is Parliament the right place for a part time student? Do the degree first.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Better a professional politician than a clown like Trump surely?

Ardern was better qualified than a wet behind the ears kid whose last "job" was probably being caddy for daddy. Personally I was doubtful about her at the start but she has done rather well. I admit I got that wrong. Ardern also spent time in the UK so she has a bit of world nous as well.

He should either-go to university or get out into the real world before getting into the House. All he is qualified for is carrying Simon's golf bags or fetching tea.

Hopefully he would at least have continued part time at uni but is Parliament the right place for a part time student? Do the degree first.
Fortunately, we are all entitled to our opinions, even if we don't agree on everything, but the biggest mistake a person can make is to assume that their opinion is the only valid opinion.

1481 - 1500 of 1879 Posts