SkyscraperCity banner

1541 - 1560 of 1879 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The NZ PM regardless of who it is is well over paid, they are paid more than almost all the European PM's, I think only Switzerland's President is better paid.
And how does that align with average incomes, cost of living, GDP etc etc. Easy to say someone is paid more than someone else without anything to show the true story. The fact that Switzerland cost of living is more than a lot of European Countries demonstrates that..

Not saying you are wrong, but sweeping statements without data are easy to make :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
And how does that align with average incomes, cost of living, GDP etc etc. Easy to say someone is paid more than someone else without anything to show the true story. The fact that Switzerland cost of living is more than a lot of European Countries demonstrates that..

Not saying you are wrong, but sweeping statements without data are easy to make :)
Come on. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize that NZ$471,049 per year year is overpaid.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2019/04/where-jacinda-ardern-ranks-among-highest-paid-world-leaders.html

·
Registered
818 Posts
Average wage of $76K..... Yeah right.
Strange this has only become an issue when National is NOT in power? In reality the "average" even if this is correct is irrelevant. You should look at the median which would be a better indicator and probably less than 50K considering low wage workers.
The pay of the average Chief Executive of a large NZ corporate will probably be double what Jacinda earns, with the bosses of banks with not nearly as much responsibility "earning" millions more than that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Come on. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize that NZ$471,049 per year year is overpaid.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2019/04/where-jacinda-ardern-ranks-among-highest-paid-world-leaders.html
Where did I say it wasn't overpaid? I said it's relevant to GDP, cost of living, average wage against her peers.

She is 7th in that list, do I think she deserves more than Scott Morrison and Donald Trump who are both above her combined? Absolutely :lol:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Strange this has only become an issue when National is NOT in power? In reality the "average" even if this is correct is irrelevant. You should look at the median which would be a better indicator and probably less than 50K considering low wage workers.
The pay of the average Chief Executive of a large NZ corporate will probably be double what Jacinda earns, with the bosses of banks with not nearly as much responsibility "earning" millions more than that.
Your right medium is $44,985 makes the $471,000 look even worse, over 10 x the medium.

You'd think she would do the decent thing and give it away. Nah she will never ever be on a better wicket then she is now and will keep her head in through as long as possible.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Your right medium is $44,985 makes the $471,000 look even worse, over 10 x the medium.

You'd think she would do the decent thing and give it away. Nah she will never ever be on a better wicket then she is now and will keep her head in through as long as possible.
She's doing an even better thing and taking YOUR cash and giving it away. :banana:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quiet right. I seem to recall John Key use to give a massive chunk of his salary to charity. Cant recall the figures but I doubt Jacinda does the same.

With New Zealand having a much lower average wage than many other OECD countries, Jacinda makes about $12 for every dollar earned by a Kiwi on the average wage. Shocking!

With regards to CE's of large NZ corporate, who cares what they earning. They not tax payer funded.

·
Registered
818 Posts

Not really because your official pay for foreign leaders does not include "perks" like the dachas "given" to Putin or Trump's golf expenses which stood at over $100 MILLION in July.

The reality is the pay that Ardern is tiny compared to company CEO's, and was less than the last major I worked for 5 years ago who was paid $800K and is probably over the $1 million now. That was a NZ company not an overseas corporate. Even the CEO of a small company based in Jafaland will get paid $250K. Why not ask them to give a little back as well?

·
Registered
818 Posts
As a CEO Cindy wouldn't get near a salary of 250K She'd be a part of the social media marketing team.

She simply doesn't have the skill set to lead a company but she's very good at photo ops.
Well when she finishes in politics and gets on the boards of a few corporates we will see what she can earn and then you can have a good bark or whimper.

·
All over the place
761 Posts
^^
Well it's already pretty obvious she is out of her depth as a Prime Minister.
At least in comparison to many previous PMs, most of whom had some gravitas.
A few less ums & aaars & hmms would be a start.
But she does do good hugs (especially when there is a camera around) and spends a lot of time with children ....

·
Registered
818 Posts
^^
Well it's already pretty obvious she is out of her depth as a Prime Minister.
At least in comparison to many previous PMs, most of whom had some gravitas.
A few less ums & aaars & hmms would be a start.
But she does do good hugs (especially when there is a camera around) and spends a lot of time with children ....
National lost....whimper whimper whimper

·
Registered
818 Posts
The logic is there. What is the point of spending $millions on cycle ways if cyclists do not use the lanes provided, risking their lives mixing with traffic when they do not have to? The problem would not be the fines themselves, but that the Police really do not have the time to go to court to provide evidence every time some twit wanted to defend their case. Perhaps Simon will set up a new cycle police force like those in the Netherlands? I think Grand Tour (Clarkson) had something to say about them.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Where did I say it wasn't overpaid? I said it's relevant to GDP, cost of living, average wage against her peers.

She is 7th in that list, do I think she deserves more than Scott Morrison and Donald Trump who are both above her combined? Absolutely :lol:
The Norwegian PM is paid 1.6MNOK, 270,000 NZD, the Norwegian GDP is significantly higher than NZ, as is the average salary and cost of living, the NZ PM is paid about 200,000 NZD too much, regardless of which party is in power.

1541 - 1560 of 1879 Posts