SkyscraperCity banner

2641 - 2660 of 2805 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
^^ you've been watching too many Katie Hopkins/Lauren Southern/Rebel Media youtube videos :lol:

Maybe they're choosing to migrate as skilled migrants.

·
alomtegenwoordig
10,436 Posts
We should be taking as many SA farmers as possible, but we won't.
Those farmers are not able to sell their lands anymore (in order to have sufficient funds to start at new in NZ), because of the current raging discussion in SA about to give land back without compensation (Zimbabwe construction).

But their children, once they have a college degrees, get out the country asap.

Countries of preference are NZ and OZ. Because they are still relatively white (not the case anymore in UK or Netherlands), have a strong jobmarket and being climatewise attractive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
^^ you've been watching too many Katie Hopkins/Lauren Southern/Rebel Media youtube videos :lol:

Maybe they're choosing to migrate as skilled migrants.
Perhaps you need to lay off CNN for a bit.
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be considered a refugee if you happen to be Caucasian? Whites from South Africa are not generally considered as refugee material, even though they may be going through greater persecution than many other generic refugees in Africa. That is just plain fact, no partisan spin, or hype, and the bottom line is that it is just not considered PC at the moment.

·
alomtegenwoordig
10,436 Posts
But are you a "real" refugee if you're real estate is expropriated?

I don't think so. You loose lots of money (you still might be left with a couple of mortgages) but you are still able to look for a job locally if you loose your farm.

Look at Zimbabwe where quite a few white farmers anticipated at the event of seeing all their property and land confiscated. They move out already some of their assets and when they were kicked out their farms, they moved on to UK, Canada or South Africa (opps...they might move again soon)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be considered a refugee if you happen to be Caucasian? Whites from South Africa are not generally considered as refugee material, even though they may be going through greater persecution than many other generic refugees in Africa. That is just plain fact, no partisan spin, or hype, and the bottom line is that it is just not considered PC at the moment.

Real easy to say your one when you fly into Auckland with Mum and Dad while on holiday in Fiji and ask for asylum.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
A quick google search helped me understand the issue, didn't even have to watch CNN.

This article does a reasonable job of explaining why NZ or any other country isn't accepting white South African farmer 'refugees'.

for a white South African farmer to become a refugee, the farmer needs to flee not only their home but also their country. Let’s imagine the farmer in question has made his or her way to Zimbabwe or Mozambique. They don’t need to be actually attacked before fleeing, but need evidence of why they legitimately fear persecution.
There is absolutely no reason that a white South African farmer who fits the criteria would be excluded from becoming a refugee. This is the strength of universal human rights: it doesn’t matter whether you’re rich or poor, brown or pink, indigenous or from colonising stock. If the UNHCR, or a signatory to their convention, accepts your claims of persecution then you are a refugee.
So it does make sense that it's very hard for Whites from South Africa to be considered a refugee but I don't think it's got anything to do with them being caucasian. I can't find any facts that back it up.

Chris Kenny from Sky News Australia (not ABC) also sums up the issue well.

It's a dastardly path to go down to try and play off one group of refugees against another. You can't just take a cohort, you have to weigh them all up.
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1142751406106898432

·
Registered
70 Posts
Under the current laws in NZ, even if a white farmer was recognised as a refugee by UNHCR, they would still not qualify to be accepted into NZ.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
^^ which is quite stupid since they are educated, have a useful profession and are going to be a far better fit in NZ than a lot of the other human detritus we take in.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
^^ possibly a bit harsh but if everyone leaves how are those countries they left going to sort themselves out?

·
Registered
70 Posts
^^ possibly a bit harsh but if everyone leaves how are those countries they left going to sort themselves out?
I hear what you are saying, and it makes sense, with the mass exodus of primarily young adult males out of Syria, for example, who is left to re-build the country?

I would not have pegged this demographic to be the most under threat in Syria, but, alas, the whole refugee situation seems to be exploited as a means of mass migration from a less desirable to a more desirable country in many instances.

Under international law, a refugee is required to settle in the first country that they enter into, however, most refugees entering Europe want to choose which country to seek refuge in. They are in effect economic refugees in all but name.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Human detritus?
he means the like the African youth creating havoc in Melbourne , or the Asians why they're called "Asian" i'm not sure who have raped 1000's of young women in the UK or the 1000's sleeping in the open in Paris and turning parts of it in to s..tholes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not really surprised, the way the mainstream media like to create their own reality.
The scary thing is how so few are manipulating so many.
I guess that when you have control over such major opinion creating tools such as social and mainstream media, you decide what, when, and where people think.

Will people stand up to this abuse? I seriously doubt it, taking into account how many people have just capitulated, and allow their opinions to be formed through the media.
I suppose it's easier when someone else does your thinking for you?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Would be interesting ( well not really because we know the answer) what the reaction would of been had SBW expressed the same view as Falau. The Islam view and treatment of gays is far worse then that expressed by Falau or handed out by Christians.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Do you realise what an uphill battle the LGBT community has to fight for in society ?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Would be interesting ( well not really because we know the answer) what the reaction would of been had SBW expressed the same view as Falau. The Islam view and treatment of gays is far worse then that expressed by Falau or handed out by Christians.
You could probably guarantee that SBW has the same point of view, the difference is his management probably have him on a tighter leash. SBW is Muslim and there point of view over the same issues is even more strict than the nutty Christian sect Folau follows.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's something I fail to understand, how the LGBTQ community can embrace an ideology that is diametrically opposed to everything they stand for, and given half a chance, would gladly eradicate them?

2641 - 2660 of 2805 Posts