SkyscraperCity banner

2661 - 2680 of 2805 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
^^
Coz every Muslim prescribes to exactly the same dogma - yeah right
They do when discussing matters with their fellow believers, but it's naïve to think that they will be anything other than agreeable and accommodating when confronted by infidels. They are primed to lie to non-believers, that is part of their strategy, because their ideology is not debatable amongst individual members, yet they have to create the appearance of acceptance and indulgence of Western culture and beliefs.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a Muslim friend who told me that in his religion gay people do not exist. But it is ok to have sexual feelings towards someone of the same sex because all Muslims have impure thoughts. But if you act on them then that is a completely different story, you will be in big trouble

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
^^
Coz every Muslim prescribes to exactly the same dogma - yeah right
Yes. It’s expressly forbidden.

As a prophet of God, Lut preached to his people: 'Will you commit lewdness such as no people in creation ever committed before you? For you come in lust to men in preference to women. No, you are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds' (Qur'an 7:80-81).

In another verse, Lut advised them: 'Of all the creatures in the world, will you approach males, and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? No, you are a people transgressing (all limits)!' (Qur'an 26:165-166).

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Under the current laws in NZ, even if a white farmer was recognised as a refugee by UNHCR, they would still not qualify to be accepted into NZ.
So you already knew what the real reason was? :eek:hno:

It's got nothing to do with being white or caucasian. They just don't qualify as refugees and even if they did NZ is not accepting refugees from Africa or the Middle East unless they have family here.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be considered a refugee if you happen to be Caucasian? That is just plain fact, no partisan spin, or hype, and the bottom line is that it is just not considered PC at the moment.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes. It’s expressly forbidden.

As a prophet of God, Lut preached to his people: 'Will you commit lewdness such as no people in creation ever committed before you? For you come in lust to men in preference to women. No, you are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds' (Qur'an 7:80-81).

In another verse, Lut advised them: 'Of all the creatures in the world, will you approach males, and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? No, you are a people transgressing (all limits)!' (Qur'an 26:165-166).
Despite what the media state not every Muslim is a literal follower of the Qu'ran. I know Muslim's (and Jews) who follow their faith but recognise that the moral code enshrined within their respective Holy Books is an anachronism. They are quite partial to a bacon butty for example

·
Registered
70 Posts
So you already knew what the real reason was? :eek:hno:

It's got nothing to do with being white or caucasian. They just don't qualify as refugees and even if they did NZ is not accepting refugees from Africa or the Middle East unless they have family here.
Ummm, that's not entirely correct.

What I stated is just one aspect of the problem, my original argument is still true, it is not invalidated by the fact that NZ has unique criteria for refugee's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Would be interesting ( well not really because we know the answer) what the reaction would of been had SBW expressed the same view as Falau. The Islam view and treatment of gays is far worse then that expressed by Falau or handed out by Christians.

Yes but SBW would never disrespect people like that (l hope).

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Despite what the media state not every Muslim is a literal follower of the Qu'ran. I know Muslim's (and Jews) who follow their faith but recognise that the moral code enshrined within their respective Holy Books is an anachronism. They are quite partial to a bacon butty for example
I work with an Iranian guy who loves his pork products and drinks like a fish, but only does this when he's with non muslims, he'd never eat forbidden food or drink alcohol in the company of other muslims. Muslims like Ali are in the minority unfortunately.

Yes but SBW would never disrespect people like that (l hope).
I would hope so as well, but we really won't find out what his points of view are until after his playing career is over, as I said he probably listens to his minders and knows which side his bread is buttered.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
^^ Do you openly express your opinions about Muslims/immigrants/refugees publicly or are you like your mate Ali?
I'm quite happy to openly express my views about anything, if you also read what I've said my points of view on this are in regards to SBW, not to Muslims in general. I doubt there was much, if any tolerance towards LGB people in the Christian church SBW grew up in either.

I'm an immigrant myself, so I'm happy with immigration so long as the people who are immigrating are going to be a valuable addition to the host country.

The refugee issue has become an open sore, it's used and abused by economic migrants queue jumping, which makes it even more difficult for genuine refugees to be accepted, personally I believe refugees should be sent home after whatever crisis they are fleeing from has ended, we are after all only providing refuge not a permanent home.

I'm not religious, I hold most religious people who try pushing there point of view across as the only valid point of view with contempt. If you're going to be religious keep it to yourself or inside your place of worship.

So there you go, is this what you wanted?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Oh you're the one stuck in Norway?

I think most of the issues you raised regarding refugees are more relevant to a city like Oslo than NZ. Maybe find a thread in the Norwegian forums to vent your frustration because queue jumping is hardly the hot topic here.

Perhaps you've been hanging around in Oslo's eastern suburbs for too long but referring to other human beings as "human detritus" is pretty sad.

·
Jafa
624 Posts
Yes please. I have worked with muslims over the years and they all have been great people. Like any faith, there are nutters that literally follow the koran/bible word for word but most muslims/christians simply use it as a guide not as literal word for word guidance.

Not sure what any of this has to do with population though. So......

.....when's that 5 million coming up? Must be soon.

·
All over the place
761 Posts
^^ as per Population Clock, tracking at...

as at Wednesday, 03 Jul 2019 at 01:16:48 p.m.
(New Zealand's population is estimated to increase by one person every 10 minutes and 13 seconds)

Getting close :)

2661 - 2680 of 2805 Posts