SkyscraperCity Forum banner

OAKLAND - Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum (63,132)

219484 714
NFL

Oakland Raiders

3x Champion:
1976, 1980, 1983

MLB

Oakland Athletics

9x Champion:
1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930,
1972, 1973, 1974, 1989

Before the addition of "Mt. Davis" this was a much more beautiful ballpark
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
According to you, everything revolves around the Yankees.:nono:
Terrible Stadium, but where one of the best plays ever happened: [Yankee Propaganda clip]
Reactions: will101
It was a terrific play, I don't deny it, I like Jeter for his accomplishments on and especially off the field, however if lead footed Jeremy slid, it would have been long forgotten.
It happened in Oakland, which is why I posted it here. This would be the appropriate thread wouldn't it mods?
pre-Mt. Davis football

In the '60s, '70s and early '80s, was portable seating placed in front of the existing bleachers for football games? To access that seating, you had to use the stairs that are still present behind the LF and RF walls. Is that correct?
Past and Future

This pic from 2003 shows future Oakland Athletic Kurt Suzuki throwing in front of the old orange seats from the Coliseum at Anchorage's Mulcahy Stadium. In 1998, several hundred seats that were formerly used at the Oakland Coliseum were installed at Mulcahy Stadium's box seats behind the dugouts. Those seats were then replaced in 2004, although there are still around 58 or so seats from Oakland remaining in front of the 3rd base clubhouse building as well as the 5-row grandstand at Kenai, Alaska's Coral Seymour Park.

"Oakland Mausoleum"

I believe the nickname "Oakland Mausoleum" caught on in the late 1970s not late sixties as someone mentioned at Holtz's site. By that time, in the late 1970s, Reggie Jackson was already a Yankee.
Orioles vs Athletics

The A's actually sold out their game vs Baltimore yesterday. Both teams are vying for postseason births. This stadium is a good example why percentage of ballpark capacity is irrelevant. Pay no attention to it ever. All those 41-43k sellouts by the Cleveland Indians in the '90s would have been a lot less impressive if the Tribe were still playing in the "Mistake by the Lake".
The Raiders to make a " capacity adjustment" at the Coliseum. Tarping Mt. Davis and several sections of the original upper deck grandstand to reduce the capacity to around 51,000.
That said, for as long as the A's play at the Coliseum, they should consider doing something similar to Mt. Davis.
Lipstick is a whole lot nicer than mud and gunk
Raiders $30,000 dugout "suite".

Oakland Coliseum in its natural state. At least its getting new scoreboards.

https://twitter.com/newballpark/status/564558160547950595
Reactions: will101
You haven't read the thread then.
thanks for this nice sharings, it seams wonderfull
1 - 14 of 14 Posts