Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Narrowest concourse in a modern building I have been to. All they did was remove the seating bowl, lower the floor and rebuilt the bowl with suites.
Similar to what was done @ Key Arena in Seattle when they renovated it in the 90's. However, between the two, I think Oracle did a better job. It has stayed on par with NBA arena standards unlike the Key...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Care to elaborate? What is "NBA standards"?
NBA standards meaning current arena trends in the NBA. Key Arena's capacity for basketball is 17,072 due to the small footprint given. The NBA average these days is around 18,500. Also these new arenas going up have a good amount of suites and club seats. Key is right at 58 and 1,700. Compare that to Oracle's capacity and 72 suites with 3,900 club seats. That's why I think Oracle was a better job. I believe Seattle should have a team but their arena situation needs to be settled first

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
NBA standards meaning current arena trends in the NBA. Key Arena's capacity for basketball is 17,072 due to the small footprint given. The NBA average these days is around 18,500. Also these new arenas going up have a good amount of suites and club seats. Key is right at 58 and 1,700. Compare that to Oracle's capacity and 72 suites with 3,900 club seats. That's why I think Oracle was a better job. I believe Seattle should have a team but their arena situation needs to be settled first
This arena's footprint is about the same now as it was before the renovation? From what I remember the capacity was over 15,000 for basketball and now it's over 19,000. Seattle Center Coliseum's capacity was over 14,000 and Key Arena as you stated is 17,072. Some of the complaints about Key Arena also was the lack of retail space, besides the sub 18,000 capacity and club seats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This arena's footprint is about the same now as it was before the renovation? From what I remember the capacity was over 15,000 for basketball and now it's over 19,000. Seattle Center Coliseum's capacity was over 14,000 and Key Arena as you stated is 17,072. Some of the complaints about Key Arena also was the lack of retail space, besides the sub 18,000 capacity and club seats.
Both facilities basically did the same thing. Remove the old seating bowl, lower the floor, and build it up. The difference is that Oracle's exterior wall and roof are original, everything inside was build in 1996.

As far as NBA standards, Oklahoma City Arena has less than 50 suites and the NBA is fine with that.

·
Red Sox Nation!
1,497 Posts
Both facilities basically did the same thing. Remove the old seating bowl, lower the floor, and build it up. The difference is that Oracle's exterior wall and roof are original, everything inside was build in 1996.

As far as NBA standards, Oklahoma City Arena has less than 50 suites and the NBA is fine with that.
^^You might wanna check your facts because The OKC arena has recently undergone renovations which include more suites!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Those are just terrace suites. Many arenas have those.
It is Club Level which they are attempting to gain more revenue from. Dallas (AAC) has a one row bar stool which they sold when they opened and RBC Center had a same seat for sale.

This is just a sad attempt to get more revenue for "marks" and it takes away from the thoughts of Oracle Arena.

Like HP Pavilion, the 100 level clubs @ Oracle are inside the seating area and they added an upper level club following beating the Mavericks in the 2006 NBA playoffs.

·
Unregistered User
2,601 Posts
It is Club Level which they are attempting to gain more revenue from. Dallas (AAC) has a one row bar stool which they sold when they opened and RBC Center had a same seat for sale.

This is just a sad attempt to get more revenue for "marks" and it takes away from the thoughts of Oracle Arena.

Like HP Pavilion, the 100 level clubs @ Oracle are inside the seating area and they added an upper level club following beating the Mavericks in the 2006 NBA playoffs.
You're an idiot. Stop trying.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.