1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930,
1972, 1973, 1974, 1989

Before the addition of "Mt. Davis" this was a much more beautiful ballpark
1 - 20 of 722 Posts
Was great. Is terrible. Shame.
Terrible Stadium, but where one of the best plays ever happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_kcKHBCcA

Reactions: FrankCostello
This stadium is used for baseball and football.
Like Candlestick, football ruined it.
This stadium was built to be a football and baseball stadium. The Raiders was the first team to play at the Coliseum, the The Athletics played here 2 years later.
Like Candlestick, football ruined it.
Regardless, he isn't wrong. The addition of Mount Davis turned it into a disaster.

There have been more seasons of baseball than football here though.
I have liked this place because of one thing. The football field is oriented in a way that the pressbox can be used for both sports. Just like Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta. But you guys are right Mt. Davis just ruins this place.
IMO round stadiums suck. The sight lines for both football and baseball suck in a round grandstand. The upper deck seats off of the bases must be more than 200 feet from the diamond.
According to you, everything revolves around the Yankees.:nono:
Terrible Stadium, but where one of the best plays ever happened: [Yankee Propaganda clip]
Reactions: will101
This. The place was never a great baseball or football stadium. The A's need a new place. If the Raiders aren't going to move, "Mt. Davis" is the right direction.
IMO round stadiums suck. The sight lines for both football and baseball suck in a round grandstand. The upper deck seats off of the bases must be more than 200 feet from the diamond.
according to you the most storied franchise in baseball doesn't matter. Are you trying to deny how awesome that play was?
According to you, everything revolves around the Yankees.:nono:
Then post that stuff in another thread. No one here cares about the Yankees.
according to you the most storied franchise in baseball doesn't matter. Are you trying to deny how awesome that play was?
It happened in Oakland, which is why I posted it here. This would be the appropriate thread wouldn't it mods?
Then post that stuff in another thread. No one here cares about the Yankees.
It was a terrific play, I don't deny it, I like Jeter for his accomplishments on and especially off the field, however if lead footed Jeremy slid, it would have been long forgotten.
It happened in Oakland, which is why I posted it here. This would be the appropriate thread wouldn't it mods?
You only posted it because it had something to do with the Yankees. We aren't stupid.
They don't matter in this thread, which is about the Oakland-Alameda County Stadium.
according to you the most storied franchise in baseball doesn't matter.
But it was the football team that added Mt. Davis
This stadium was built to be a football and baseball stadium. The Raiders was the first team to play at the Coliseum, the The Athletics played here 2 years later.
1 - 20 of 722 Posts