Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Rob and I went to Oamaru on our way to Dunedin and Queenstown. What a brilliant place!!! It was bustling and there was a real hum about town. Not only that, it is simply fascinating, the buildings are just beautiful and I don't think there is anywhere in all of New Zealand or Australia that could boast of such stunning neo-classical designed structures.

It, may look a little cloudy in some of these pictures, but it was a lovely warm spring day - we only wished we were going to stay for the night. They towns folk were getting ready for a big Victorian Weekend, looked like it was going to be loads of fun.

Anyway - enjoy some shots of Oamaru - and visit if you get the chance - it's well worth it! :banana::)

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH!!!!! What's happened! :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

That is very weird - I just looked and found all the pictures had gone - now they are back?????????????

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing Davee !:cheers:
Thanks Marky.........I have a few more, but they will have to wait until tomorrow..........I'm feeling really jetlagged still. I was fine on the way out - but it's knocked me a six coming back.

You're so right - Oamaru is sooooooo quirky ;) :lol::banana:

·
Premium Member
6,237 Posts
Ha Ha Ive been watching to much of Escape to the Country ....every second word is Quirky LOL

Thanks Marky.........I have a few more, but they will have to wait until tomorrow..........I'm feeling really jetlagged still. I was fine on the way out - but it's knocked me a six coming back.

You're so right - Oamaru is sooooooo quirky ;) :lol::banana:
Have a good Rest Davee ! Look forward to the other shots :)

G

·
Niiiiiiiice Davee, definitely on our must see list (one of thousands :)) ... We are going to Christchurch next month and we will try to squeeze it in. Thanks for the pics baby-shoes, I am glad that you had a great time - when are you moving back to NZ ?

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Niiiiiiiice Davee, definitely on our must see list (one of thousands :)) ... We are going to Christchurch next month and we will try to squeeze it in. Thanks for the pics baby-shoes, I am glad that you had a great time - when are you moving back to NZ ?
Thanks Princess, it's a great place to drop in and see - a real blast from the past!!

As for moving home - I'd do tomorrow if we could - it's just that Rob's work is going really well, so we have to sit tight here for a while.

Saying that, Rob's back in NZ and OZ on business in a few months :banana: I was going to come along :banana: but I've got to much work to do here :eek:hno: But the good news is hopefully we will be home again in about 12 months :banana: Well that's the plan :)

Hey, remember when you get to CHC - make sure you check out the local Croate talent ;)

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Was in Oamaru yesterday, beautiful architecture. It looks much larger than a town of 13,000. Almost a shame the Old Town is so underutilised and the modern main street has spread in the opposite direction.

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

G

·
Wow, to think that such a small village has architecture like that in a country as young as NZ is just mind-boggling. Thanks baby-shoes.

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, to think that such a small village has architecture like that in a country as young as NZ is just mind-boggling. Thanks baby-shoes.
You'd love it!!! Get you and Craigy there for a good look around on the way to Dunedin :) xx

·
A Christchurch Son
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
All over the place
787 Posts
Certainly different from the normal small NZ town - lovely :)

·
Retired
1,222 Posts
very interesting town... spent a bit of time there over the past 3-4 years (work related) and got to know the locals. a few good spots to eat at also which for the size of the place is surprising

1 - 20 of 22 Posts