SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Chattahoochee River meanders through Metro Atlanta. Much of it is protected because the land on both sides of it is a National Wildlife Refuge. I went to the Chattahoochee Nature Center, which is about 20 miles from Downtown Atlanta to walk along the half-mile boardwalk that is above a marshy part of the riverbank. Of course I took my camera.

Gotta love a reflection:

A shy duck:

No motorized boats are allowed on this part of the river, just canoes and rafts:

Views of the River:

Here is the marshy side again. The mud really is this color in Georgia:

Meeting up with the other duck that has a nest also in the marsh:

A closeup on what I believe are tadpoles:

A Red-tailed Hawk with an injured wing:

Hope you enjoyed the tour! :)

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I found your photos to be interesting, and a nice change from the constant urban pics

(not that im complaining about urban pics, if i was then i should leave this forum lol)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Cute duck/geese :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Great nature photography, nice to see those. That is a Canadian geese stopping by in Georgia, I think they're flying on way to Canada for the summer.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, my pleasure to show you that metro Atlanta has some beautiful natural settings.

Regarding the ducks/geese, I'm just glad I knew they were birds. I might have said "look at the floating cows in the water."

Regarding Deliverance, I'm pretty sure it was filmed in Georgia, I believe, but I think it was in the opposite end of the state. Although, I did keep hearing banjo music!?!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Nick in Atlanta said:
Regarding the ducks/geese, I'm just glad I knew they were birds. I might have said "look at the floating cows in the water."
:rofl:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
badguy said:
it is a national park?
It is a river that has much of the land on it's sides designated as a National Wildlife Refuge. Some of the land along it has houses next to the river. But, I guess you could say that parts of the river are similar to a national park. I'm not really sure what designates a place like Yosemite National Park different from this situation. Sorry that I couldn't answer your question more definitively.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
I dont mean to hijack the thread....but instead od starting a new one I thought I would post a pic of geese I took a few weeks ago!

This is the on the River Witham in middle England

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's where the Chattahoochee Nature Center is located in Metro Atlanta. I have never actually seen the Deliverance movie, so I don't know if they mention where they're supposed to be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts