SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
less is more
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was inspired by his speech tonight. Whether you're going to vote for him or not, no one could deny that he's such a phenomenal speaker.

Chicago takes pride for having such a formidable candidate like Obama running for the Oval office.

Not sure if the dream ticket that people have been talking about will become a reality. I am sure many Chicagoans, especially the Democrats would love to see that happen.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am not proud that this guy is from Chicago. Is this the best Chicago could do, send a first term senator? Wow now that is some experience to hold the most powerful position in the world.

I mean come on, if I just started at a new company do you think I would be promoted to president of the company within a couple years. Most likely the answer would be not a chance in hell. But hey like I said its only the most powerful job in the world.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I am proud that he is the presumptive Democratic nominee.

He is eloquent, intelligent, and eminently civilized. Chicago should be proud to count him as one of its own.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am not proud that this guy is from Chicago. Is this the best Chicago could do, send a first term senator? Wow now that is some experience to hold the most powerful position in the world.

I mean come on, if I just started at a new company do you think I would be promoted to president of the company within a couple years. Most likely the answer would be not a chance in hell. But hey like I said its only the most powerful job in the world.
Yeah, a lot of old CEOs and politicians have shown that experience counts for everything as they've put our country in a near impossible-to-pay-off debt, nearly bankrupted the SS fund and have made our economy more vulnerable than it's been since the great depression. Yeah, I guess you need a lot of experience to be good enough at messing things up. There was a guy named Abe Lincoln- you might've heard of him- who was just over 50 when he took office. Obama would be 47 if he wins.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
please keep national politics out of the chicago sub-forum.

yeah, yeah, i know, obama is from chicago, but these types of threads always devolve into idiocy festivals, as this one has already showed in it's first 3 posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.