SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Also one of the more boring places to live.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Yes it is affordable but there is nothing there its just a small suburb town inland in florida who comes to florida to live inland? Why would you want to do that besides orlando. I'd rather settle with the crap i can buy for 200,000 in my city than get a nice new 2000+sqft house in ocala.

·
I know right . . . !
237 Posts
correction, you are all spelling it wrong. it is slocala.
it isn't too bad, if you enjoy cow barns and horse farms. there are some really wealthy neighborhoods there, only thing is, a million dollar house in miami looks a little overshaddowed. a million dollar house in ocala is like the cream of the crop. Ask John Travolta; he lives in an airplane community in Ocala. But it is boring; my cousins live there, good thing it is about an hour to Orlando, or I would die while visiting.Think of rural North Carolina minus the hills. But as it was said prior, inland Florida? That's like melted ice cream; a little senseless. But oh well, if you want to live in Florida you got your head on straight *wink*. Just look into cheaper coastal towns; uh, any word on Cape Coral? I have no idea the pricing there. Small town vibe like Ocala, yet fun is right down the street.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Well Cape Coral is moderately priced, my ex lives in Cape Coral, it is about $210,000 Move to De Land, it is a relatively small community. It is about 35 minutes to Orlando and it has Orange City (for the springs) near it and also Daytona Beach. It also has a world class sky diving facility.

·
Florida
1,295 Posts
Ocala is a nice place to live if you don't want anything to do with a major city. But it can get really, really hot there during the summer time.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Very true. Stay on the coast. You will have an ocean breeze.

·
Registered
326 Posts
G'ville and Ocala are pretty close together, and even tho Ocala is bigger, G'ville is much better as far as things to do. Ocala has some pretty countryside, but is a bit of a cowboy town. It's nice if you like rural living, but don't want to drive too far to buy your groceries :) . And if you want a big(er) city fix, you're not far from Orlando or Tampa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts