Skyscraper City Forum banner

Do you work in the field of the built environment? If so, where?

• Yes, architecture/urban design

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, planning (public sector)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, planning (private sector)

• Yes, finance/investment

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes, construction

• Yes, legal

• Yes, media

• No, but I'm studying with a view to a career in one of the above

• No, I'm on the site for a purely non-professional interest

Votes: 8 66.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thought it would be interesting to do a survey of how many people on here work in the field that we all love discussing on these beloved boards. (The options are private so people won't be able to see your selection).

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I'm mostly in the ' No, I'm on the site for a purely non-professional interest ' although I'm likely to try to make a London equivalent of the New York Yimby website eventually which would put me in the Media category when I do.

·
Not in L.A.
2,888 Posts
Hi all, thought it would be interesting to do a survey of how many people on here work in the field that we all love discussing on these beloved boards. (The options are private so people won't be able to see your selection).
I'm a chartered surveyor so I always have a vested interested! :banana::banana::banana: :nuts:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@retrospecs yeh your hovelled site is what made me think to put media actually.

@LAYiddo ah how could i have forgotten to put surveyor on there!

i guess marketing could be another one to go with media also..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the record, not that i intended to vote in the poll cos i don't have a permanent job right now, but i accidently clicked "finance/investment" after a few beers while mishandling my phone the other night, so that one is up 1 more than it should be. im actually currently on short term contracts via an agency at a local planning authority atm.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
You could maybe add some categories to your list - eg policy posts? And the academic and research ones? And some built environment posts cut across those categories, for example some regeneration professionals may not be planners nor be finance professionals, but they may have a big impact on our built environment, so I'd add regeneration as a category, as well as local economic development, as such people sometimes work on master plannning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts