SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Aarhus has plenned a Light Rail system, which has already been adopted by the city counci.

Odense Light Rail is not that far at the moment, but they are planning it already. As the new "super hospital" will be build next to the university, it would be an area where many commuters and passengers would go to, and so a Light Rail would be established from the Central Station to here.

And a few other lines has been drawed.

Thats all i know about this project, here's some photos:

The purple line is the one i talked about;

The first line;

·
New Brusseleir
2,067 Posts
I want one, too!
Sorry, bad joke. But still, if Odense could use one, they should head along with it. Aren't there any former rail routes that could be used?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ There is the IC line, which connects all Denmark, with one stop inside, and one regional station in the suburb, and a small regional rail going south to Svendborg, but it doesn't cover a large area of Odense, the light rail is a proposal, imo they should invest in a city structure that would create better opportunity for a Light Rail, and then there will be need of an light rail.

Still, there's rumours about this project, so i started the thread :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
^^ There is the IC line, which connects all Denmark, with one stop inside, and one regional station in the suburb, and a small regional rail going south to Svendborg, but it doesn't cover a large area of Odense, the light rail is a proposal, imo they should invest in a city structure that would create better opportunity for a Light Rail, and then there will be need of an light rail.

Still, there's rumours about this project, so i started the thread :)
Considering how widespread the rail network once was, Odense would almost certainly also have had a line going north out of city. Of course that is not particularly relevant to a project running south.

Light rail projects ought to focus more on both including small regional lines as well as the possibility of re-opening abandoned lines. Without that light rail is little more than a quality bus, and thus not really worth the expense.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts